• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

bestop supertop, scrambler

scrambled eggs

Basic User
City
chapin
State
sc
anyone have any pictures of where their supertop brace rods at the door locations tie into the windshield? for some reason, my hard doors will only clear vertical and horizontal supertop rods at the door locations if I move the windshield bracket all the way to the top of the windshield? NOT where commonsense and the instructions show you were to put them...it appears that my windshield brackets need to be flush w/ the top of the windshield frame (flush w/ the canvas matl).

I know there's been some discontent in the fitment of the supertop. I don't want to fool w/ my doors and keepers when it could likely be a top issue.

thanks in advance

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I have a supertop, and would be willing to help, but we've hit the mid 60's and the top won't come out of the basement til November.

I had to move mine 3/8" inboard where it blocks the visor hole.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I'll get a picture for you later today. Gotta finish my coffee first.

cbford

Legacy Registered User
City
CLT
State
NC
Not sure how much these can help since my PO put a YJ windshield frame on mine.....

small windshld brkt 1.jpg

small windshld brkt 2.jpg

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
How was the coffee [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N910P

Crap. I've got the attention span of a ....Hey! Squirrel!!!!

Going out there right now....:o

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458531834.751969.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1458531844.885445.jpg

Well, cbford's pics are a lot better. My roll cage was a bit in the way. I had a YJ cage in there at one time and put nutserts in the windshield frame, that's why there's the big bolt in there.

Last edited: