Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Ok my friends

As we all know it is getting very nice out and my Scrambler is getting very close to being a daily driver

If you recall my very first post when I joined the Forum I spoke about the 81 I had when I was in the Navy and drove around with the doors off and soft top off with the wind and sun...well my head is a little Balder in my older days and trying to keep the sunburns down slightly… so I am ready to buy the Bikini Top...

What are your experiences and if you were to buy a top today that fits without having to make too many modifications what would you go with...I am looking for a black top, strapless is what I was leaning towards

City
Atlanta
State
GA
No one has any ideas?

Guys,

I am also wondering about the best option for a bikini. I know the Wranglers have all kinds of strapless and even mesh types, anyone know of one for our rigs? I would love a strapless mesh bikini for my rig. Any help out there?:shrug:

Tom

njrcj8

Basic User
City
ft. pierce
State
fl
I had the old school strap bikini top and just upgraded to a smittybuilt strapless that I bought at 4wheel parts. It was I think about 35.00 and works very well. It is also my only top!

City
Atlanta
State
GA
Nick,

Can you find a part number maybe? I have looked on 4wheelparts and I can't find a strapless for the Scrambler. Any help is appreciated.

Tom

njrcj8

Basic User
City
ft. pierce
State
fl
Hello Tom. It is a smittybuilt outback standard top for 76-86 CJ7. part # 90701. It comes in black, denium black,grey,black or kaiki diamond, and spice. I picked it up while at there palm beach store. It has three straps, one one each end that loops around the y of the rollbar and one in the center that goes to the footman loop on the windshield. I really like it better than my old top. Hope this helps. Nick