• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

body colors used decals

mtruckstuff

Back Home in Colorado
City
Loveland
State
CO
Depends on model year. Each year had different stripe designs, some ran over from year to year.

madjp62

Legacy Registered User
City
albany
State
or
The decals I like are off the 1983 year. Just like in the picture.

madjp62

Legacy Registered User
City
albany
State
or
this is the type
collinsbros_1906_86735890
[/IMG]

Engbull

Legacy Registered User
City
Nashville
State
TN
Does anyone know what years had the "Scrambler" side emblems? All?

N

n9viw

I believe they only used those from 84-86. The '81 one friend has, my '82, and an '83 I've seen didn't have them.

mtruckstuff

Back Home in Colorado
City
Loveland
State
CO
Neither my '81 nor my '83 has or had them. Leaves '84 and '85 and the mysterious '86 models that no one seems to have seen.

txsbill

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Scrambler badge...

My 83' had the Scrambler badges on the sides. It might have had to do with the options....Mine was a "sport" package whatever that entailed....At least that is what I was told by the original owner....It wasn't as fancy as the Laredo Package, but it did have the Warn 8274 option...

BOWSPENCE

Basic User
City
SANTA ROSA BEACH
State
FL
Emblems

madjp62 said:
just wanted to see if any could tell me what colors they used with the body strip kits. i'v seen brown,white,burgandy. any other colors? here's a pic of the decal type. i have found that we can still get the decals.thx again guys
http://www.4x4review.com/feature/50-years-Jeep/1982-Jeep-Scrambler-CJ-8-BIG.jpg
ONLY CERTAIN MODELS HAD THE DECALS. THE SR SPORT AND SL MODELS. THE BASIC SCRAMBLER DIDN'T. THE SL (LAREDO) MODEL HAD A DIFFERENT DESIGN. AUSTIN JEEP IS YOUR BEST BET TO CONTACT FOR THE DECALS. 1-800-316-JEEP (MIKE). THE COLOR OF THE DECALS DEPENDED ON THE VEHICLE COLOR. FOR EXAMPLE, I HAVE A 1981 SL SPORT, MONTANA BLUE WITH A SILVER LAREDO DECAL. YOU CAN PURCHASE THE ORIGINAL SALES MANUALS FOR YOUR YEAR SCRAMBLER FROM EBAY. THEY GIVE YOU ALL THE MODELS AND OPTIONS.

SPENCE IN THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE

canzo

equal opportunity annoyer
City
Alexandria
State
VA
My 81 original has the same stripes as that 83. But my jeep's original color was gray and the stripes were light blue and med blue. No "Scrambler" emblems. See pics link in signature.

My 81 for the trail has the Scrambler emblems on the sides, but they may have been added later by previous owners.

The 84 I am parting out didn't have the Scrambler emblems, but it's been repainted from light blue to gray, so the emblems may have been removed prior to my ownership.