• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Body mount question (Daystar 1" BL install)

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
I have my Daystar body lift basically done. However, it appears to have an error in the instructions, as it doesn't specify where to locate the two (2) thicker lower body mount bushings. It calls out body mounts #2 & 3 (the front mounts on the tub) as being different than the others, but the part numbers listed are identical to the other ones.

The stock body mounts also used two lower bushings that were about twice as thick as all the others on the Jeep.

Can someone confirm where the two thicker lower bushings are supposed to mount? Thanks.

Craig

BOBCAT

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Louisville
State
Ky
Craig,

All the ones that I have seen are mounted to the front mounts. The thick part on the bottom. Hope this helps.

Don

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I did the same as Don, I think. The taller 2 body mounts are on the furthest forward mounts, under the tub; the thicker bottom pieces go with these positions, also.

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
BOBCAT said:
Craig,

All the ones that I have seen are mounted to the front mounts. The thick part on the bottom. Hope this helps.

Don

John N said:
I did the same as Don, I think. The taller 2 body mounts are on the furthest forward mounts, under the tub; the thicker bottom pieces go with these positions, also.

Thanks guys. John, your comment has me confused, though. The "top" body mounts were all the same height, except for the grill mount. Am I missing something?

I'll add the thicker mounts on the underside of the forward-most body mounts. I'm not exactly sure why, as all the bolts are the same length. It's probably just to keep customers guessing. :rotfl:

Thanks again,
Craig

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I'll have to take a look at mine and get back to you. That was from my "bad" memory...:cool:

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
Thanks John. The thicker set of mounts brings up yet another question...since all the bolts and crush sleeves are the same length, how would they be effective on the front mounts? I would think that both would be longer for this set of mounts.

Man, I didn't realize that such a minor thing would lead to so many questions.

Craig

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
Follow-up with Daystar...

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 5:28 AM
To: Don McMillan
Subject: KJ04504 (CJ-8 1" body lift) install question

Hi,

I recently purchased a CJ-8 body lift from Jeeperz-Creeperz (my vehicle is an '85 Scrambler Renegade). During the install, I ran into one thing with the bottom bushings that confused me. There are two thicker lower bushings (P/N M02289) that were included with the kit, but there is no reference to them in the Installation Instructions. There are two thicker OEM lower bushings, as well, but these mounts appear to have longer bolts/crush sleeves, whereas all of the bolts in my Daystar kit are the same length.

It appears as though there are enough of the thinner M02287 lower bushings (12) to complete the install, leaving the thicker M02289 bushings as spare parts.

Please confirm what the M02289 bushings are for. An e-mail response is fine, or you can call my cell (number below).

BTW, you make a nice body lift kit. It's undisputedly the kit of choice with the folks on cj-8.com.

Thanks again,
Craig

And the reply from Daystar Tech...

Yes the M02289 are not needed for the kit.

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Daystar 1" body lift

I am having the same issue? Can anybody with the 1" daystar (poly) provide picture or a more concrete way of installing with out getting to technical. Just need to know a basic installation?

Thanks

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
I beleive the 2 thicker lower mount pucks go at the cross member at the rear wheel hump. This keeps the bolts from getting into the bed.