• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

body panel replacements

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
While my Postal is not on the front burner I always like to prepare. I have been looking to purchase the replacement panels I need and have run into an issue.

I have seen Classic Enterprises panels in person and love the quality. My plan was to buy everything from them. The issue I have is that they do not make the rear side panels that include the wheel arch. However, GASP GASP, Omix-Ada does make that panel. While I have no experience with Omix-Ada body panels the experience I have with their other products leave a lot to be desired.

So my question is this - Has anyone had to use panels from these two companies on the same vehicle? My thoughts are to buy everything I can from CE and the side panels from Omix. I'm curious if I will run into fitment issues. Sure anything can be made to work but....

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
I've also read on here that their top rail doesn't mate up to the rear corners as well......

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
I can salvage the top 50% of the tub sides so the fitment to the rear corners wouldn't be an issue which is a good thing.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Hope you saw what i did. I still have the top portion of my panel. Your body guy will be able to smooth it out with some dolly work. It's a shame and hard to wrap your head around, at least it was for me, that I bought the whole panel for the wheel opening.

Mancunian

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
They are all made by MD Juan, if you get the MD version the cost is less, the fit will be the same. The wheel arches needs lots and lots of filler. Also the joggle depth between the side and the flange is too small so the panels don't end up flat. I had to remove a section of wheelhouse to make it work?. The top flange may need adjusting, my LHS was much worse than the right. I'll post some pics someday but jeepscrambler covered the installation here better than I can.
https://www.cj-8.com/threads/1984-alaskan-postal-scrambler-build.36138/