• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Brake Line Inverted Flare Compatibility

RockTractor

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
I have an MBM PV4 proportioning valve with a 9/16-18 female inverted flare (for 1/4 tube) port on the rear to go to the rear brakes. Not realizing it was sized for 1/4 tube, I bought a 9/16-18 (for 3/16 tube) flare nut to mate with that port. Realizing the difference (seat size), I contacted Inline Tube and they sold me a male 9/16-18 to female 7/16-24 adapter and a 7/16-24 (for 3/16 tube) tube nut. I received the new parts yesterday and the male side of the adapter they sold me looks to have a seat sized for 3/16 tube - so, I don't seem to be any better off than I was originally.

I'm thinking that maybe seat size doesn't matter because the angle of the flare is a match... but I have Googled for two days and can't seem to find anything online to support that.

So, is there any issue with mating a 9/16-18 (3/16 tube) tube nut to a 9/16-18 (1/4 tube) female port?

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I have an MBM PV4 proportioning valve with a 9/16-18 female inverted flare (for 1/4 tube) port on the rear to go to the rear brakes. Not realizing it was sized for 1/4 tube, I bought a 9/16-18 (for 3/16 tube) flare nut to mate with that port. Realizing the difference (seat size), I contacted Inline Tube and they sold me a male 9/16-18 to female 7/16-24 adapter and a 7/16-24 (for 3/16 tube) tube nut. I received the new parts yesterday and the male side of the adapter they sold me looks to have a seat sized for 3/16 tube - so, I don't seem to be any better off than I was originally.

I'm thinking that maybe seat size doesn't matter because the angle of the flare is a match... but I have Googled for two days and can't seem to find anything online to support that.

So, is there any issue with mating a 9/16-18 (3/16 tube) tube nut to a 9/16-18 (1/4 tube) female port?
You may want to hit up @mysunnshine .
He is one of many here that deal with adapting parts for non-stock applications.