Brake solutions to old problems

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
I have been running 4 wheel disks for quite a while. After I installed the 1 ton running gear,I put a hydraulic brake booster on my rig. Overall I was pretty satisfied with the braking. The one issue was warped rotors on the front. I finally broke down and put new ones on. After this, the fronts quit pulsing but seemed to have all the bias. I vacuum bled everything and realized that I was not getting any pressure to the rear. Long story short.... i shitcanned the factory proportioning valve and installed a wilwood adjustable. I put it under the dash within reach so I could adjust on the fly. This is one of the best modifications that I have ever made to my rig. I can stop on a dime now with the fronts locking just before the rear. AMAZING!!!

Just thought I would share this mod.

kryptoniteCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
Tx
What model wilwood pv did u get? Part number? Was it bolt in? Were adapter needed for the lines? Thanks in advance!

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Why brand of Hydrolic booster did you get? This is the valve body that is piped to your power steering pump, right?

Just curious as I was considering this same setup for myself. I have 4 wheel disks with no booster at all, so was thinking about going whole hog.

scott anderson

Old age Mutant Ninjaneer
City
Paragould
State
ar
Why brand of Hydrolic booster did you get? This is the valve body that is piped to your power steering pump, right?

Just curious as I was considering this same setup for myself. I have 4 wheel disks with no booster at all, so was thinking about going whole hog.
yes...the power steering pump provides the pressure...I got mine from a chevy astro van.

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
A Chevy Astrovan??? That has to be way cheaper than the $880 system I was looking at!!!! What year?

I need to find a descent junk yard.

Sent by way of pigeon.