• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Bringing 1983 Scrambler back to life

oldtruckwelder

Basic User
City
Jackson
State
SC
Scrambler has been sitting for a long time in the garage taking up space.
Decision was made to get her back on the road again. First was power brake upgrade, then it was the power steering pump, fuel pump.
Started de cluttering the engine bay with wiring and vacuum lines IMG_1886.JPGIMG_1888.JPGIMG_1889.JPGIMG_1887.JPG

Scramblin Man

Beyond help
Lifetime Member
City
Woodway
State
Tx
Body condition looks great. A lot easier/cheaper to bring back mechanical than body/frame.

oldtruckwelder

Basic User
City
Jackson
State
SC
Body condition looks great. A lot easier/cheaper to bring back mechanical than body/frame.
Thanks Scrambling man,
After looking around at the different builds and the ones for sale, this one looks pretty solid. I have a non- jeep frame off project going on in the shop also and said I wasn't messing with the jeep until it was finished, but I got burned out on it and the jeep was a good source to get back in the shop.

DRILLROD

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Rose Hill
State
NC
I see it has factory cruise control. That is a rare option. Automatic or straight shift?