DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
Last fall, I struck a deal to buy an Overlander from one of our Aussie members (Andrew Burrows). Andrew was great to work with and dropped off the Jeep at the Port of Brisbane on December 10th. Since then, it has traveled over an estimated 20,000 miles and had a 2-week layover in Japan. Take a look. Blue pins are the start and end of the journey. Purple pins are ports, the greens are the route, and red is the US landing point.

Overlander Map.jpg

The Overlander finally landed in Freeport, TX last Monday and cleared customs by the end of the week. Right now, it's waiting for a truck/trailer to bring it up to Dallas. More updates to come.

Oh yeah, and I would never forget: Without pics, it never happened! Pictures from the Port of Brisbane.

Port Dropoff1.jpg Port Dropoff2.jpg

OGRES

Legacy Registered User
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
That is a beautiful jeep! We are definitely going to need to see a LOT more pictures!

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Westport
State
MA
Awesome. As an outsider, just curious what kind of shipping costs and logistics are involved with such a transaction. I cant imagine this is a very easy process.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Awesome. As an outsider, just curious what kind of shipping costs and logistics are involved with such a transaction. I cant imagine this is a very easy process.
I think everybody would like to know that and hear about the whole process. It seems daunting.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
The Overlander finally landed in Freeport, TX last Monday and cleared customs by the end of the week. Right now, it's waiting for a truck/trailer to bring it up to Dallas. More updates to come.
Is it still in Freeport? Just knowing an Overlander is that close to me is driving me crazy. Would love to get a change to look at it in person.

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
That is ridiculously cool! I have friends and family near you in Dallas and I'm actually going in a month or so to buy a vehicle (not a Jeep). I'm sick of the rust so I'm going to buy something down there. If you have any interest in a meet up, shoot me a pm. I would love to see that thing in person.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Very cool! I'm also interested in what all it takes to bring one to the states.

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
Started a write-up of the transportation angle but taking longer than expected. Will be worth the read and should post tonight. Overall, transportation process has gone smoother than expected. Thanks for the compliments.

chazman

City
Roselle
State
Il
Started a write-up of the transportation angle but taking longer than expected. Will be worth the read and should post tonight. Overall, transportation process has gone smoother than expected. Thanks for the compliments.
Looking forward to it!

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
The Overlander top looks so much better proportioned than the full fiberglass tops that we usually see. You picked well.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The Overlander top looks so much better proportioned than the full fiberglass tops that we usually see. You picked well.
Exactly what drew me to the Postals. After only seeing rounded fiberglass tops, the World Cab jumped off the screen when I first saw it.