• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Cab replacement glass

helimd

City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
I'm about halfway through the restoration of my '84 Scrambler and need some tips on a replacement back window. The half cab has a slider but I'm just not thrilled with that window. I've looked at the different suppliers and most have windshields but no cab glass. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Can you take a picture of the rear slider?
If it is aluminum and original it is very desirable (even if you don't like it).
I am sure someone would trade glass with you for it if you wanted just a solid piece.

cb

helimd

City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
I thought I had that exact deal worked out with a fellow forum member. Unfortunately, once he had the slider in hand, the proportions didn't match his. I just figured it would be easier to buy a new window, but I will post some pictures and see where this goes. Thank you.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
As you probably learned, there are 2 types... early and later style and they are different sizes.

cb

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Glass is flat, so any local glass shop should be able to cut one for you.

helimd

City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
Here in OKC, the glass shops I have contacted have the auto glass done in Dallas. Some sort of fabrication issues, from what I've been told. Not a big deal, just added freight and risk. Might just be an excuse to go to Ruth's Chris for dinner. Thanks, guys.