California cj7 build.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
So I picked this cj7 up a few months back completely disassembled and hardly any rust, witch is super rare here on the east coast. Guy was moving shops and I couldn't pass up the deal. I've been busy with work, school and family but I have most of this week off. So I'm going to see how far i can get.
The plan is to build it, get it driving and then sell it to make funds for my barn, aka jeep storage facility. Body is original paint with some sweet patina, I plan to keep that and bring it back to a nice shine.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Day one clean chassis and paint.

I have to work tomorrow so Wednesday I'll get the axles under it so I can roll it into the garage and start on the brake fuel lines. If I'm luck I'll get the motor and trans in.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Who are you kidding? You will have it completely assembled and running by the weekend

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Thanks guys. We will see.
Hmm. Odd pic come up on my phone but not on my computer?

oops now its working.

Last edited:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Some more background on the this jeep if anyone is interested. I found a Denver Colorado dealer label in one of the boxes, and recent shop receipts from California. Recent as in, a few years ago. Its an 1984, with a 258 inline 6, T-5 trans, dana 300, stock axles with 3.31 gears. Power steering, i'm adding factory power brakes. 15 gallon tank, tilt column but the lower plasitc housing is busted up pretty good. so I'm looking for that if anyone has one. If not I'll put a standard column in.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
All appears to be bad. Maybe some of it can be used for patch material. I haven't really dug into it that hard

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
. All new spring bushings.
rear spring hanger bolts. Came out with hardly any rust

Unknown 4 inch lift probably rancho or skyjacker if I had to guess. 32x11.50 tires.

Last edited: