• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Carnage!

RobF

Basic User
City
Barnes
State
KS
Well it was payback time for all the good trail runs I've had, Murphy's Law hit hard last night:( We were in the Rock Garden at the local ORV and 1st I pretzled my tie-rod, a friend had one at home so they went and got it and we fixed it on the trail, after the fix I made it about 6" and broke a front axle u-joint, luckily I was carrying my spares, and we fixed it in the same spot as the tie-rod, by this time it was dark and as I was finishing the climb out of the garden I blew out a tire! Lots of carnage in a very short time, but luckily there was several of us out. We had spare parts, tools, and got some good practice at trail repairs at night, but I hope that never happens again!

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Once again i missed the action, i actually had a spare tie with me that i bent up on my last 4x4 fest. I probably would have worked.

Catch you guys next time! (Can't wait till i'm free Saturday afternoons!)

mulescj8

INSANE SCRAMBLER HACK
Lifetime Member
City
Middle of No Where and Too Far From Any Where
State
Tn
just another reason

that's a real good examble of why i run Dana 60's with a high clearance steer set up-JC:D

RobF

Basic User
City
Barnes
State
KS
Someday, I hope to get there:D I've got a D44 in the garage with flat top knuckles I'm thinking about building but I may hold out for a 60 instead.