• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
UPDATE

Usually local trips in my CJ8 with the dog so I wanted an open bed with option to secure a spare tire. I used a PRP tire strap that threads into slots on lower factory roll bar. I made and 90 degree angle bracket and bolt to center factory hole. Easy to remove when not needed.
77A64808-5E50-40C1-835D-F366BA391C47.jpeg262090BF-4D06-4F80-B83E-70043DA6C93C.jpeg35A71D19-F778-4C76-B277-9C923558F55C.jpeg3954586E-EAE6-492D-A805-79EEF164A216.jpeg665C0501-2706-4DE3-957B-E6A1F45BF7D2.jpeg

Last edited:

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
Update

These showed up, not a simple bolt in and will share steps when I start later this year. Several items on the to do list first…
Sweet! I've never sat in suspension seats. Let us know how they compare comfort wise. I'm considering some for "Phase 2" of my project in 2024.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Sweet! I've never sat in suspension seats. Let us know how they compare comfort wise. I'm considering some for "Phase 2" of my project in 2024.
I’ve been using Mastercraft suspension seats for years. I wouldn’t use anything else, even my wife loves them and that’s saying something.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
UPDATE

Test fit the custom, non returnable PRP Seats… too tight a fit and just missing the look I am after for this CJ8… so changing back to the OEM…

IMG_3676.jpegIMG_3675.jpeg

The Black 2007 JK needed seats and the PRP fit, comfortable and installed

IMG_3677.jpeg

Grasshopper

City
Solomons
State
MD
LOOK BACK
The original frame was solid on this jeep, but decided to follow the well charter restomod path of old body on new under carriage.
View attachment 101435

Our 2006 LJ was the inspiration for changing the frame. We bought it new and made all the modifications.
View attachment 101433

The ride quality and our experience with coil suspension made it an easy decision. Plus, the jeep was a prototype for Universal Motors Corporation future builds. We contacted Throttle Down Kustoms (TDK) for their Cj8 Hybrid Frame.
View attachment 101434

The TDK frame is designed to use TJ suspension parts. We welded motor mounts of our choice, drilled hole larger for control arm bolts and off to powder coat.
View attachment 101436
What brand engine mounts?

gpassida

Basic User
Silver Member
City
Redding
State
Ca
UPDATE

The Black 2007 JK needed seats and the PRP fit, comfortable and installed
I've never sat in suspension seats. How do they feel compared to good quality standard non-suspension seats? Noticeable improvement over bumps? Would love your impressions if you have formed one yet.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
I've never sat in suspension seats. How do they feel compared to good quality standard non-suspension seats? Noticeable improvement over bumps? Would love your impressions if you have formed one yet.
The suspension seat is comfortable and holds you better. The problem is finding one that fits. The PRP might be wider that Mastercraft.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
I’m sold on them. To me, way better than oem. I have Mastercraft. They do smooth out the bumps a lot.