• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

cj-10 doors

1983 glx

Legacy Registered User
City
bettendorf
State
ia
I am looking at a cj10 tub to put on a cj8 frame to build a truck. Will cj7/8 doors fit? Was told to modify a hard top as to use a half top.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
They will fit the tub fine. If you want to run the 10a (I assume you mean 10a, the airplane tugs, which aren't hard to find--actual CJ-10s are damn near impossible to find) half hard top, you can, but you will have a void in the upper corner of the door away from the windshield frame because the 10a doors have a hard angle there where -7/8 doors are rounded. You can make up a filler piece to close that up easily enough though.

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
south central
State
AK
I am looking at a cj10 tub to put on a cj8 frame to build a truck. Will cj7/8 doors fit? Was told to modify a hard top as to use a half top.

Also, the 10a is based on an FSJ frame (at least where the tub bolts down, and the front end). You'd be time and money ahead if you put the tub on an FSJ frame rather than a CJ-8 frame.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Considering this myself. CJ10 is easy to find here in Oz. At least 3 right now I can get.
Put your CJ8 frontals straight onto the 10 tub and your gtg.

Sent from my iPhone