cj-8 dash board

matnic

Scrambler-in-Progress
City
Rapid City
State
MI
yes.

hows that for an answer. nothing lengthy, well, now it is! sorry.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but it should be.

FELNTPSY

Booty Fab Master
City
Morehead City
State
NC
If you are looking to get one and plan on using your factory hard doors, and if your hard doors have vents in them...try to get a factory dash with the cut out ends for that. Allows you to open them without having to open the door ;)

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Lexington
State
OH
FELNTPSY said:
If you are looking to get one and plan on using your factory hard doors, and if your hard doors have vents in them...try to get a factory dash with the cut out ends for that. Allows you to open them without having to open the door ;)
That's the dash pad

zero2wow

SOA old xprez...
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Vancouver
State
WA
Good pt. FelnTpsy is making if you are going to put the dash pad on. It is a smart move imho to get the one with the ends cut out. I think this is the way to go even if you don't have hard doors yet or not. You may want them in the future...
z

kohldad

SOA Member
City
Goose Creek
State
SC
Anybody know where to get a custom dash made? Had heard someone mention at one time that there was someone that had the pattern laid out and you could then add, delete, or move things at no cost.

I can get a good deal from a local fab shop, but would have to draw it from scratch. So would rather go the other route to save a lot of time and guess work.

Jeepskate

Insane in the Membrane
City
Lexington
State
OH
kohldad said:
Anybody know where to get a custom dash made? Had heard someone mention at one time that there was someone that had the pattern laid out and you could then add, delete, or move things at no cost.

I can get a good deal from a local fab shop, but would have to draw it from scratch. So would rather go the other route to save a lot of time and guess work.
There's a guy who sells 'em on Ebay. I think jscherb got his dash customized from him.

jwalton45

Basic User
City
milledgeville
State
ga
dash boards

thanks for all the replies. my 1982 scrambler came with the hard doors. i still have the original dash. it has several cracks and splits. i have found one on e-bay that is the same color of my original dash and thought it would be a good idea to buy, if the price stays reasonable. again thanks.

TexasAg77

S.O.A. Charter Member
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Cleveland
State
TN
^
|
|
|
|

He was talking about the dashpad. Those things are hard to find.

Make sure that deal on ebay isn't one of those plastic overlay covers.

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
As far as dash Pads. Omix-Ada is now making reproduction pads witht eh Jeep logo on them. Great as long as you want Black. Price if I rember correctly is about $150. Lot sof them on e-bay. Check Crage too.

That guy on e-bay that made the custome dash for jschrb got was pretty nice.

http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8956

Here is the link to his custom dash. Probably one of the best CJ layouts that I have seen.

Carl

Marine-OpLaw

'ANTIQUATED' PackRat
City
Fredericksburg
State
VA
Nutmeg(?) dash PAD

Don't know what color you are looking for, but I have a NUTMEG (I think is the correct term/color) dash PAD from an '82 SL Scrambler that is in almost perfect condition. Has a couple of rubs spots where you can kinda see where the color is rubbed through to black underneath (barely noticable) and a couple of pin prick-size holes (also barely noticable). The backside is rusty - as all I've ever seen - but still very servicable. IIRC I think there may be one screw hole (on bottomside and therefore hardly noticable) that is compromised by the rust.

I'll take $100 + actual shipping cost for it.

Let me know if you are interested... or anyone else for that matter. :rolleyes:

Randyzzz

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Nathan- check the link above to JP Offroad, for a brushed aluminum dash. Here's how mine looks-

mtruckstuff

Back Home in Colorado
City
Loveland
State
CO
This'll get someone upset. The steel panel with gauges is known as an instrument panel, not a dashboard.The padded portion added to the CJ IS a Dashpad. Semantics, perhaps, but using these terms eliminates confusion. Not trying to be a smartass, sometimes it just comes out like that. Paul