• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

cj10

motas

Legacy Registered User
City
Melbourne
State
VI
I just picked up the one I posted. Found one for sale only 10 minutes away! Also the picture you posted was taken about 5 mins from me at the jeep jambo.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
Lifetime Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
More pics from other angles please :)

motas

Legacy Registered User
City
Melbourne
State
VI
WP_20130928_17_13_39_Pro - Copy.jpgWP_20130928_17_10_00_Pro - Copy.jpgWP_20130928_17_13_52_Pro - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20130928_17_16_36_Pro - Copy.jpg
    WP_20130928_17_16_36_Pro - Copy.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 390

motas

Legacy Registered User
City
Melbourne
State
VI
Sorry for the separate posts I can't type on my computer on this website for some reason.
Any some details of the rig. I just brought it the other day, its a 1983 model which is mostly stock but has some bits and pieces done to it over the years, most of which will be removed or redone. Its been sitting in a paddock for a couple of months but before that was used regularly. Its in good condition with no real rust but is a little dodgy in some respects. Also was home to a spider about the size of a palm until I pressure washed it today. So glad I got that out and freaks me out a little knowing it came for a drive with me. But anyway the wiring all needs redoing as well as a new dash. Needs new carpets and new paint. Planning on rebuilding the power train. It has a lokka in the front and had 33s on it and will again very soon. Just trying to get a road worthy certificate now so it can be registered in my name and insured.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Oh. My. God. :eek: :huh: :bow:

We need lots more pictures. What's the bed under that cover? PLEASE keep this thread updated!!! :drool: What engine/tranny/tcase/axles???

So jealous!!!!

motas

Legacy Registered User
City
Melbourne
State
VI
It has a Nissan sd33 diesel motor. 4 speed manual gearbox (t176 I believe), d44 and 60 and unsure which transfer case. I looked it up but I forget. It just has a steel tray underneath the canopy. I will try to keep this thread updated but not my main forum. Will most likely make a blog or website and just keep that updated.
I have big plans for this over the years but will keep it a surprise. First question is soa and shackle reversal kit, lift leaf springs or coilovers or a combination of both? It is to be used for towing, camping, touring and fairly hard wheeling. So need a good compromise between comfort, load capacity and flex. Plan on 35-37" tyres. Any thoughts?

motas

Legacy Registered User
City
Melbourne
State
VI
Bit of an update. Finally got it ready for inspection and is now registered and road legal which means real work can start now. Picked up a patrol motor and 5 speed gear box a few towns over for $200. The motor is essentially the same but with a stronger head and some internal changes for a turbo. The gearbox and transfer case is one unit and providing it fits will be replacing the stock gearbox and tc so I have better gear ratios. Before I put it in though it is getting a full rebuild however this wont happen for a while thanks to studying and almost no income. So in the mean time I will be completely stripping it down to the chassis, stripping all the paint off it, welding up all the holes drilled in the body thanks to the previous owners shoddy mods and painting it. Materials for this cost next to nothing but there is a huge amount of time in it. So hopefully by the time I get this done ill have enough cash saved up to rebuild the motor box and diffs. Oh yeah almost forgot the front driveshaft blew up on one of its first drives at about 60kmh and punched a nice big dint into the foot well, much to the dislike of my now ex girlfriend whos feet where there. Thankfully I needed new driveshaft anyway.
Now a few questions:
Soa or what lift springs? I want to have room for 37s though I will run 35s for a while. The springs that are in it ride very nice and it handles well and I think it can fit 33s. so the dilemma is I want to keep the ride characteristics while lifting it but I dont want the 6" lift that a soa gets. Will 3-4" lifted springs ride okay?
What colour to paint it? My brothers a painter so can do any colour scheme at next to no cost. I'm considering gecko green but feel it may be a bit over the top once the camper is painted to match. also considered a matt drab but that's a bit the opposite. Really not sure.
Cheers guys,

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
Hey motas just found this thread. I'll go look at your blog.

Sent from my iPhone

motas

Legacy Registered User
City
Melbourne
State
VI
Cheers Gary not a heap to show at the moment it has been stripped down to the bare chassis and waiting on some new rear shock mounts before its off to get hot dip galvanised. That will be the turning point though when it all starts going back together.