• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

CJ8 half cab hardtop seal

Bonedoc

City
ALTUS
State
OK
I'm new to this forum, so this may have been discussed before. I'm restoring an '84 scrambler laredo. I took the half cab top off, which looks like it hadn't been off in a century. What are you guys using for the top to tub seal? I can't find one anywhere. Just use a cj7 hardtop seal and make shift one? Thank you in advance!

Loyalpoke

Legacy Registered User
Lifetime Member
City
Stillwater
State
ok
Bonedoc,I think I remember getting one from one of the common 4WD sites, like Morris or Quadratec. You could certainly use a CJ7 seal for the windshield/hardtop seal. The bulkhead seal just looked like a typical weatherstrip.
Are you an airman or a Bulldog? I married into an Altus family and still have lots of contacts there.

Bonedoc

City
ALTUS
State
OK
Bonedoc,I think I remember getting one from one of the common 4WD sites, like Morris or Quadratec. You could certainly use a CJ7 seal for the windshield/hardtop seal. The bulkhead seal just looked like a typical weatherstrip.
Are you an airman or a Bulldog? I married into an Altus family and still have lots of contacts there.
I'm neither loyalpoke. I married an Altus girl and moved here about 9 years ago when they needed an ortho surgeon. Originally I'm a bulldog from Edmond. My two oldest are Sigma Nu's in Stillwater now. The original part number (J5460180) for the top to tub/bulkhead was discontinued years ago (why I'll never understand). I can't find a reproduction anywhere. I guess I'll make shift one out of a cj7 hardtop to tub seal. Thx! Cheers!

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
For the seal on top of the bulkhead, foam camper tape from Lowe’s works just fine.