Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Anyone know where to get replacement hinges for the rear hatch on a Classic full hard top?

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
Found this thread in a hinge search. Anyone have any luck on hinge replacement yet? my hinges are stuck/rusted. Cleaning and soaking with PB Blaster but not sure if they are really salvageable.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
One of my hardtop had hinges that looked like repurposed tailgate hinges.

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
After about 4 days of PB blaster / simple green & ultrasonic cleaner / wacking with a hammer - my hinges are no longer stuck. They are still in terrible shape and need to be replaced but are probably useable.
Randyzzz - I also noticed they are very similar in size to tailgate hinges. Seems like about the same width but different length? That may be an option if exact replacements aren't available.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
After about 4 days of PB blaster / simple green & ultrasonic cleaner / wacking with a hammer - my hinges are no longer stuck. They are still in terrible shape and need to be replaced but are probably useable.
Randyzzz - I also noticed they are very similar in size to tailgate hinges. Seems like about the same width but different length? That may be an option if exact replacements aren't available.
Actually, they seemed to be exactly the same as a set of aftermarket chrome/stainless hinges.

SurfnCJ8

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Wilmington
State
NC
I'll have to look closer, that sure would make things easier. I just glanced at them. Hoping to get back to it this weekend. Thanks!