• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Cleaning up Chevy 350 TBI Starter Wiring - looking for post

gpassida

Basic User
City
Redding
State
Ca
Hello,

I think there was a post here about someone cleaning up the wiring that is connected to a 350 Chevy TBI starter. There are a lot of wires terminating on the starter and the post I recall seeing used a wiring block from a newer engine to remove some of the wires from the starter and terminate them on the block.

I have searched the forums and can't locate it.

Does anyone recall that?

Thanks!
George

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Not sure if it was me :shrug:

Post # 932:

I bought a "remote starter solenoid kit" from Summit, really cleaned up the wiring down at the starter. I mention a few other options in that post, too :thumbsup:

gpassida

Basic User
City
Redding
State
Ca
Not sure if it was me :shrug:

Post # 932:

I bought a "remote starter solenoid kit" from Summit, really cleaned up the wiring down at the starter. I mention a few other options in that post, too :thumbsup:
Yes! That's it.

Thanks for providing that. Exactly what I was looking for.

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I did a bunch of soldering and cleaning on my 89 4.3 TBI. I used the factory GM battery cables. It has the main power wire to the starter. The alternator goes to a smaller wire directly to the battery. The only other thing going to the starter is the crank signal wire, which is also linked to the computer crank signal.

That's a long way of stating that you can merge the 12V constant wires or 12V run wires inside the wiring loom.