Clutch fork dropping

splogue

Legacy Registered User
City
Norfolk
State
Va
I have a 4.0 hooked up to a T-5 and the clutch fork will drop/fall out of place after I push the pedal in a few times. This causes the Push Rod to come out. I have yet to put any springs on the fork since I cannot figure out where the opposite side attaches.

Is the fork supposed to drop? If not, can I fix it with our pulling the engine? will a strong spring hold it up? Can someone help a brother out and take a few PICS?

This is the last major thing I have to fix before I get it on the road and FINALLY DRIVE IT.

THANKS

Sean

scrambler228

Legacy Registered User
City
council bluffs
State
ia
clutch problem on scrambler

Hi well need a little more info from you on this,,,,,,, do you have a hyd slave cyj system on your jeep,,,,, i have a 1981 scrambler that had a 4cyl iron duke motor with sr-4 trans which i am soon to change out to the t-5 like yours,,,, dont think trans should make any difference,,,,, but need to know if yours is hyd like mind is,,,,,, if it is would think you may have problem in hyd pressure keeping proper tension,,,, their is also a small spring holding the fork against the small round shaft coming out of the hyd cyl,,,, if your is not a hyd slave system i wont be much help,,, dont know if the scrambler came other way,,,,,is that t-5 the trans that came with the jeep

4miles

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
There are 2 springs that attach to the fork. There is a small one in the bell housing and a longer one on the outside. Here is a picture of how mine is on my T5 on the outside. I have a T176 bell housing with the spring that I could get a picture of the other one if you need. I imagine it would be the same.

splogue

Legacy Registered User
City
Norfolk
State
Va
Fork Dropping

I have the Hydro system. I have been crawling under every CJ that I see hoping to find one I can copy.

When I get home I will crawl under mine and take some pics and post them.

Thanks