Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
The codes changed from '85 - '86 :shrug:
This isn't quite right. I had a sneaking suspicion that 1986 Laredo's were still #EJ as I've had a few. Checked my fairly late 1986 Garnet Laredo 7, and it was 1EJ. So, AMC may have changed codes for base or denim seats but the Laredos still have a E as the middle character.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
The 1 refers to the interior color which on garnet I would expect to be a black interior. Therefore, the 1EJ would be correct.

DeLuke

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Dallas
State
TX
The 1 refers to the interior color which on garnet I would expect to be a black interior. Therefore, the 1EJ would be correct.
Yep, sorry I wasn't very clear. Garnet is the exterior paint color. The interior is black and 1EJ.

CJeep

Scrambled
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Easton
State
CT
So of course I had to watch it too. Comes up in my Google feed. I get that he's all about rarity, but automatic CJ's make my stomach hurt. I do get it for a dedicated rock crawler, but I'd never pay a premium for an automatic, I don't care how rare it was. And not having overdrive sucks.

1/3 of the love I have for my Jeep is rowing my own gears. And the granny low on my NV4500 is awesome.

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
I noticed on the 81 Laredo that the door panels were the standard type. Does this mean the Laredo Door panels didn't come out until 82?

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
south central
State
AK
AMC did all kinds of weird things. My '85 CJ-7 base (bought new by my dad) came with tinted hard top/doors, PS/PB, 258/T-5, tilt column, denim (high-back) seats, clock/tach, smoker's package, TracLock, towing package (HD rear springs), center console. The dealer added custom pinstripes and aftermarket wheels. From what I can tell, the only options it was missing were A/C, auto, cruise, and wiper-delay. It was definitely more highly optioned than the '84 CJ-7 Renegade I picked up in college.