• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Congratulations.. we have a winner

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
BIG CONGRATS TO MR & MRS JAKE WHITE!!!!!

Now Jake gets to have a running Scrambler at home, even if it's not his...:D

donaghy

CJ-8.COM owner
SOA Member
FORUM OWNER
City
Lexington
State
SC
correction

I guess it was actually Jakes name on the ticket. But, evidently Jake was not there and is stuck out on the trail somewhere and probably doesn't know yet. So, Jennifer took the pictures and got the keys.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
donaghy said:
I guess it was actually Jakes name on the ticket. But, evidently Jake was not there and is stuck out on the trail somewhere and probably doesn't know yet. So, Jennifer took the pictures and got the keys.
They're still out on trails??!!:eek:

She probably looks better anyway....:evil:

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
1x1_Speed_Craig said:
Congrats Jennifer & Jake. :) Where are they from?

Craig
I believe from Alabama.

johnnyvol

Basic User
City
Iron City
State
tn
Isn't Jake the guy from Madison, AL who made the DVD of last year's event? I thought I would win but it turns out someone 60 miles east won. Close enough! Congrats Jake and Jennifer!

Woohoo!

John

1x1_Speed_Craig

Simplify...
City
Greeneville
State
TN
Dan_Smoot said:
I'm lost :shrug:...what did they win?

This beautiful Jeep Scrambler. :)

forum

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Drat. :banghead:

I can't imagine how exciting that giveway must have been...

Made me realize that I completely forgot to send money to someone for getting me some tickets to the regular raffle this year :banghead:

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
This was absolutely awesome. Here is the story about the raffle.

Jake was with Kaiser8, Scrangler and few other fixing a hard break on the trail when the ticket was pulled. Scott anounced that he would call the winner. Shucks, they aren;t present. In the crowd, a phone rings. Wait a minute maybe they are. Everyone turns to see who it was. It was my buddies cell. Truck had called it thinking he was calling me and playing good Joke. When my buddy answered it Truck said "SIKE!!!" I think my bud peed his pants. Then Scott says, "Okay, the winner is present at the event." Something we all hoped. "But he us not there, his wife however was" He calls Jenns name and she says, "No F------ Way!!!" No she didn't drop the F bomb but she came very close. Way to keep you cool. So, everyone was saying cool taking pics and and out of the crown you here "Wheel it out to him!!!" Not sure who that was:D Guess what, We did!!! Well, Jennifer and Jason pile into the Scrambler and we head to the trail head. When we get there we pull it into the top trail and Jason hops in my Jeep and we head out to tell Jake that we need him back at camp for the slide show. We find Scrangler coming out of the trail they broke on and Jake is in his Jeep.......

Stouttrout

Registered Jeep Nut
City
Sour Lake
State
Tx
Chiefwahoo, Jason stays in my Jeep and I walked up and talked to Scrangler. I walked away a bit and then turn around and said "Hey Mike, Jason needs to talk to you. When Mike comes over we tell him that Jake won. Mike says "Jake who?" "Jake in you passenger seat." The Kaiser comes up and we tell him. We told them not to tell Jake and we had a plan to suprise him. We told mike when we got to the trail head to tell Jake to unlock the hubs and his wife ould come out and tell him.

We get to the trail head and Scrangler takes a wrong turn and passes the Charity Scrambler. Jake see's it and his wife sitting in it and at that point, Mike, turns to Jake and says, "Let me be the first to congratulate you." Jake flipped, I have pics, and he thens sobers up gets very straight faced and asked me, "Wait, who won, me or my wife?" Way to go there dude, find out who it really belongs to:D

I tell you it could not have been cooler. And after meeting Jake and Jennifer and having the opportunity to wheel with them for 2 days of the event, I can truly say that this is a very deserving couple. They are two very cool people and I am glad to see the Jeep stay in the Family.

Congrats and I hope I get to see the Jeep again sometime. It is truly something to be proud of.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
That's awesome, great story... I'm really glad that it went to someone who was actually at the event (if it couldn't be me of course). :thumbsup:

JEEPNJAX

Legacy Registered User
City
Magnolia
State
TX
Congrads Jake,

Sure they didn't misspell it and it should be Jax (JEEPNJAX) - LOL... Anyhow, Sorry I had to bail at the last minute, but duty called - I'm stuck sit'n in the biggest sandbox in the world...

Enjoy the ride... The Big Guy upstairs willing - I'll get to see it next year !!!

Thanx,

Jax
JEEPNJAX