Rmhavema

Overlander
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Northville
State
MI
I decided it's time to start a thread on the build of my Scrambler. I had several previous posts in the Midwest section, link attached....

http://www.cj-8.com/forum/showthread.php?46474-New-CJ8-member-from-southeast-Michigan

Specs so far;

1982 CJ8
Original Iron Duke ~51k miles
T4 Transmission
Original Copper Brown Paint
Original Wide Track 4.10 axles
Old Man EMU YJ spring conversion, Bilstein shocks
31" BFG KO2's
Rear Detroit Locker, Moser 1 piece rear axle shafts.

This winter I installed the OME springs, Detroit Locker, Moser axle shafts, welded the AMC 20 tubes to the pig, new axle/tcase/trans seals, all new brake lines and park brake cables, tire carrier, ammo can center console..... Took it for the first drive over the weekend and all seems pretty good, but the duke seems to be running a little rich....

Attachments

Last edited:

Rmhavema

Overlander
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Northville
State
MI
So, I guess it's been a while.... I bought a Warn 8274 from Rosco1974 a while back and promised I would post some pictures once I got it installed. Well, it has been on the Jeep for a year now, but here it is. He gave me a great deal and even had all the parts cleaned before shipping. I replaced the seals and put it back together. Very happy with the purchase! Thanks Rosco!

IMG_5667.JPG
IMG_5733.jpg

Rmhavema

Overlander
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Northville
State
MI
Finally getting around to provide some updates... I am eventually hoping to get duke out on the trails and wanted a place for storing spares and tools. Last winter I found this old Tuffy lock box on craigslist. After cleaning it up and adding some tie down points inside, I painted it and mounted to the rear of the bed. It is designed to attach to the rear seat attachments but my tire carrier was already taking up that space. Fortunately, it fit right between the rear supports. I was able to utilize existing bolt holes for the attachments, so no drilling in the original bed. IMG_7821.jpg IMG_7820.jpg IMG_7823.jpg IMG_7842.jpg IMG_7851.jpg

Rmhavema

Overlander
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Northville
State
MI
The previous owner took out the fixed windows and installed vent windows, but the outer door skins were sagging and showing a gap to the vent window seal because of the missing support channel. I welded in a couple of U channels and re-installed the windows with all new seals. Everything is sealing up well now. For those who don't know, you will also need to drill a new hole in the door for the lower vent rail attachment. This is shown in the second picture (torx bolt just above 2 copper Philips screws).

IMG_8460.jpg IMG_8463.jpg IMG_8464.jpg IMG_8465.jpg