bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I talked Laura into going to a cruise night with daddy in the "big Jeep" after dinner (without Kate even though she was at home and perfectly able to go--and Laura didn't even protest, that's a HUGE win for me in her current all-about-mommy stage.)

Beautiful night for a window-less ride with my baby girl (she drew the line at putting the top down because I pulled the roof panels out of Kate's JK for errands we all ran this afternoon and of course it rained on us :rolleyes: which Laura did not like).

So we head off to the part of town where the cruise was and Laura was out in less than 5 minutes. (It was late for her, but this was part of my plan really anyway to get her to sleep early-ish and to give Kate a break).

I covered her with a blanket I keep in back for just such occasions and drive around town with her sacked out in the carseat for about an hour, just enjoying the drive and glancing back at my angel girl as cute as can be sleeping away (did I mention she put a pink ball cap with sequins on backwards for the ride?).

We head home and, as usual, she wakes up less than a minute or two from the house (how do they do that???) We pull into the garage. As I'm unbuckling her, she says (in the sweetest little girl voice ever) "Daddy, thank you for taking me to cruise in the big Jeep with you."

There is nothing in the world that can melt a heart any faster than happened to mine right then. I seriously went weak for a split second. :)

I live for stuff like this :bow:

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
No doubt. Hopefully her memory won't include the fact that she was only awake for approximately 7-8 minutes of it and will just be of riding in the big Jeep with Daddy :D

b.b.chev

Legacy Registered User
City
Black Forest
State
CO
You would be amazed at what they can remember, my daughter is 20 with her first child on the way and she remembers things from when her mother and I were still married 18 yrs ago.

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Reston
State
VA
I'd say you are one of the luckiest guys in the world, and ditto for Laura except for the fact that she's a girl. Congratulations! :cheers:

noblefireman24

Legacy Registered User
City
Lexington
State
OK
That is great. My girls love " daddy's jeep ". I do not have a rear seat yet so it's one at a time right now. My dad and I drove over to help my uncle yesterday in the jeep. My mom was watching the girls for me and she said when two year old saw us leave in the jeep she said "RIDE IN DADDY JEEP" and cried for awhile. Broke my heart when she told me.

njrcj8

Basic User
City
ft. pierce
State
fl
My daughter, she's eleven now has named all of my jeeps. We have rubi ( 03 rubicon ), Little willy ( 53 cj3b ) and now scramby ( 84 cj8 ). We just went to jeep beach last weekend and enjoyed it. Hopefully these memories will want them to own Jeeps!

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Guess what she said right after dinner tonight?

"Daddy, can we go do that cruise again to go look at the neat Jeeps?"

Of course she didn't actually see any neaat Jeeps last night, but that is something I used to sell her on the idea. :)

So we went for another, shorter, ride tonight and stopped at DQ to share a blizzard :D

If this keeps up it could be an incredibly awesome summer. :)

I took pictures last night and today, but it looks like the old camera I used took a crap :banghead:

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
And as I was buckling her in Kate's Jeep this morning to go to daycare: "Daddy, will you pick me up so we can go for a drive?"

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yodabob

Wreckless
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Lafayette
State
IN
Last night I had my son help me put down the top while my daughter climbed around on the Jeep. We decided to go for a drive since we didn't have anything else to do for once. Threw the dog in the back and headed out cruising past the windmill farms. Both kids were chatting away and enjoying themselves without the usual bickering. ;) Stopped by DQ and picked up some ice cream and wandered back home with the kids singing in the back seat. It was an awesome evening, and great memory. Nothing beats those nights with just the kids and a Jeep!

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Last night I had my son help me put down the top while my daughter climbed around on the Jeep. We decided to go for a drive since we didn't have anything else to do for once. Threw the dog in the back and headed out cruising past the windmill farms. Both kids were chatting away and enjoying themselves without the usual bickering. ;) Stopped by DQ and picked up some ice cream and wandered back home with the kids singing in the back seat. It was an awesome evening, and great memory. Nothing beats those nights with just the kids and a Jeep!
That's pretty close to our last Sunday evening, except our son was driving his own Scrambler with his daughter in tow, while Grandma and Grandpa were in ours. The only thing better than driving ("I ride", LOL) a Scrambler to the Zip-Dip is driving two.

BW,
That's an awesome story. You & Kate are going to have a Great summer with that little gal.:thumbsup:

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
That's what I'm talking about! DQ should use us in a commercial!!!

Orionn

Vehicular Packrat
City
Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti
State
Mi
Great memories for all of you and your kids for sure.
Myself, Last fall I took the '71 Jeepster Commando out with my Daughter and her friends for a drive up to the Ice Cream Parlour.....they had a blast amd want to go again....Now all I have to do is get the Scrambler drivable, then I can work on the Commando more so my daugther and I can go out in it this year....Cruisen here in SE Michigan is a big deal.