Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Has anyone made up their own custom decals? I plan on doing this myself using precut decals ordered from the internet. I am not using a standard Phoenix Graphics decal kit. I’m just making up something simple and different than what my other Jeeps have. Oracal 651 seems to be the vinyl to use. Anyone have any experience with it.
485EEB4F-3FB5-4FBC-9EE5-F4726B913CEC.png
This is my test guinea pig. I loved the basic weathered look but the previous owner started peeling some of the decals off so I figured I’d replace all of them with something very similar.
Also can’t decide on which Renegade hood font
CEEA73C0-2021-4689-87C6-582376CC66BC.png 09146EA2-55DD-4BC6-92E4-CA2006146177.png
I really look the basic look of the decals on the tan one. And the Renegade font too. If I go with the larger blue they would be all one color blue. No lighter on the top.
All decals will be some shade of blue since I am putting slate blue interior back in the Jeep.

This blue will more than likely make up the lower stripe in some way and all other decals will be similar in color. C5AB708E-9666-440C-8120-846956AAB727.png
I welcome any and all thoughts, comments, concerns, suggestions, recommendations, likes, dislikes, rite-on’s,etc.

Last edited:

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I have never done custom decals. I also like the decal set on the tan CJ, simple but cool.

Not to influence one way or another, just my :twocents: One thing I really like about factory decal sets for the various CJs is the center hood designs. They're unique and well designed, not something easily improved upon. My Jeep is far from perfect but I really dig the factory set for my 83', especially the hood decals. I think I'll put a set on mine eventually.

Last edited:

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I’m with you on the factory decals and the hood decal. I spoke with Phoenix Graphics about customizing decals. They said they should be able to print custom colors but would have to get back to me. If I could get blue 82 style Laredo decals made that’s the route I would go. If not, I’ll make up something similar. I have every different Laredo and renegade package with the different decals at my warehouse so I can compare decals and sizes when I customize this one.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I think the Laredo decal set in a dark blue color would look cool and custom. Have you seen the 2 other varieties of Laredo & Renegade hood decals that Phoenix Graphix offers? They don't come with side stripes though. I think they come in blue but they don't show that color. PG do a crappy job of representing the various colors they offer.

Last edited: