Dads Scrambler

LetchcoreCJ7

Legacy Registered User
City
Nashville
State
TN
I'm curious why the plates on the side of the frame? Fix a weak frame or to beef it up for more rigidity? Or big HP planned under the hood?

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Plates are for the gm 5.3 V8 that's going in. 4l60e going in behind that, followed up by an atlas transfer case [emoji2].
Axles are custom dynatrac that I got from another member on here.

Yeah Jim it is a nice frame, I had to pry from the hands of this guy hoarding parts,lol [emoji23]. Wait till you see the body I got off him too...[emoji41]

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Will it be ready in 2.5 weeks? I've seen you build one in less time.

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Will it be ready in 2.5 weeks? I've seen you build one in less time.
This one may take a little longer to finish. I'd love to have it done by next year and make it to sandblast! Want to ride John??? "Trip of a lifetime" :D

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
This one may take a little longer to finish. I'd love to have it done by next year and make it to sandblast! Want to ride John??? "Trip of a lifetime" :D
THAT is a fantastic answer!!!

And I always :drool: on folks that do it right when they take it to the frame. I still have a set of those plates sitting on the shelf for whenever the hell I get around to doing the Postal up proper. :(

:popcorn:

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
The pics are about a week old before I posted them. I would have gotten the engine mounted if it hadn't been for rebuilding this.

cdvcj8

It's Not My Scrambler
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Friendship
State
MD
I assume you are going to neutralize if that's soda blasting?