Dana 30 assembly

cruser

Legacy Registered User
City
Buffalo Gap
State
TX
I am considering replacing my dana 30 front diff assembly with a completely rebuilt one with new axles. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could get one ? My current assembly seems to have too many issues and I just want it to be right is kind of the reason I am going this route.

Any help ? :smokin:

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Don't really have any recommendations for a supplier. Is your current housing really that trashed that you can't rebuild it? I don't think these axles are still being built, so whatever you buy is likely to be built using a used housing anyway.

I'm planning to redo my front end over the winter and have decided to go with 30 spline shafts and an ARB Air-Locker 30 spline carrier. The whole thing should cost about $2k.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Best bet would be to watch your local craigslist, buy a used one, and then have a shop (or you do it) tear it all the way down and redo it.

I have an extra Dana 30 in the shop that I picked up for $125 a couple years ago. 3.31's, milemarker hubs, new rotors and brake pads (still in the boxes), and decent looking brakes on it now. I plan on putting an lokka or spartan in it, new bearings, seals, axle ujoints, and put the new brakes on it, and then swap the whole thing at once under the front of my tan Jeep.

I'm slowly but surely turning into my Dad; all these great plans/projects, and never get any of them done.