• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Dana 300 - Short Output-Driveshaft

Mancunian

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
My transfer case (Dana300 was shot (splines worn etc) I ended up with an earlier one with the short output shaft, this is about 1" shorter than the later version.
Thoughts on using the stock driveshaft - which is now 1" too short? It is probably at the upper end of the length as installed with no weight (i put it on without the body in place).
Not planning on wheeling or anything, this is just a weekend toy.

Attachments

• 20190610_170415.jpg
    20190610_170415.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 14

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
I don't think the short version accommodates the speedometer cable... is that a problem? :shrug:

Anyhow, I'd want to make sure the slip joint is roughly centered in relation to it's travel.

Driveline shops do this stuff all the time, and they can tell you exactly what to measure.

Good luck!

Last edited:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
I don't think the short version accommodates the speedometer cable... is that a problem? :shrug:

Anyhow, I'd want to make sure the slip joint is roughly centered in relation to it's travel.

Driveline shops do this stuff all the time, and they can tell you exactly what to measure.

Good luck!

If he's speedhut; he's still ok....