• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Das Panel Replacement

Jasoncarrie94

CJ-8 Member
City
Mountain Brook
State
AL
The boneheaded previous owner of my CJ8 cut out holes in the dash panel for speakers. I am trying to keep it as original as possible, but I think I’m ready to replace the dash panel (There are a few other scratches and holes that make it look even worse). Any suggestions for the best replacement dash panel (with stereo but without tach & clock)? Thanks.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I'll have one off of my aftermarket tub here soon if that works for you? It's basically a standard issue dash, uncut.

don87401

Original Owner
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
I used a Rugged Ridge after market dash for my CJ6.
I put in the extra holes for the tach, clock and the 3rd guages
P1020519.jpgresized.jpg
Also put in the hole for Spod switches.
P1020523.jpgresized.jpg

Everything in the dash is Speed Hut.

Jasoncarrie94

CJ-8 Member
City
Mountain Brook
State
AL
Thanks for all the input. I think I may be overly optimistic in looking for an easy fix with an aftermarket replacement (i.e. from Quadratec, Morris 4X4, etc.) that looks exactly like the original one. This may take a little longer than I thought - Which is half the fun of it!

CJocho

CJ-8 Member
City
CHICAGO
State
Il
Don,

I'm looking to add the tachometer and clock to my stock dash. Do you have measurements or a diagram on where to specifically cut the holes? Thanks.

kgt0001

Jeep Restorer
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
San Antonio
State
TX

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I would rather find a donor in great shape. I picked one up a couple of years ago. Well in advance of me being ready to refurbish and install in my Scrambler. Just sits on the shelf for now.