bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I have two of my dash lights that are burned out. While I know it's beyond nitpicky, I was looking for something to do on the Scrambler last night and remembered that these weren't working.

Am I stuck going to someplace like Collins Bros. for these? I couldn't find replacements on 4WD hardware's site.

I pulled the spade lugs and bulbs out of the ones that are out. If I have to pay more than a couple of bucks AND ship entire replacement units, I think I'll hit Radio Slack and just solder on new bulbs, maybe LEDs!

Any thoughts/souces?

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Methinks I'll be visiting Radio Slut after work... dang! Seems silly to replace the whole freaking thing just to get a new bulb in there.

City
Floyd
State
VA
Maybe he likes to browse Texas Instruments scientific calculators and Mickey Mouse telephones. That's all I've ever seen in Radio Shacks.

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Once it's shipped and handled, I could have new bulbs in ALL of the lights in the dash TONIGHT for what it will cost in time and $$ for just the two...

I wouldn't buy just the ones I need right now if I got them through Krage, I'd get the whole set so there's $20+ that I don't need to spend on something as stupid as lights, four of which would just sit on the shelf and collect dust until I need them.

My main problem is having to pay for the whole dang unit when just the bulb is burned out... seems silly. Not Krage's fault, dumb stock design.

Yes, I'm cheap, big deal. :D

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Just for some vindication on my cheapocity... :D

Found 12V mini bulbs with solder leads at Radio Shack for $1.29 a pop. two minutes of soldering time and now you wouldn't be able to tell which ones weren't stock on my dash. No shipping, no handling and no waiting around.

First time I've ever had all of the lights in the dash working at once since I got it! WOOHOO! :D :D

They also had the right bulbs for the Voltmeter as well, I already had gotten one at Carquest, but picked up a couple more for spares.

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
ya but dagum dangol Boomhauer coulda drank me 2 ole dang beers in that there time without no burnin fingers smell

bigwalton

Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
GreatCJ8 said:
ya but dagum dangol Boomhauer coulda drank me 2 ole dang beers in that there time without no burnin fingers smell
Who's to say I wasn't drinking beers?? :D

I also love the smell of roasting flux and solder... always have, like gasoline!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Scrambler land
State
CJ
interior category forum?

I just noticed.. we don't have an interior forum category??

think we need one?

dashboard questions, seats, consoles, rollbar etc?