Dash lights questions

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
slatington
State
pa
I have a Cj-7 that's nowhere near a restoration and bought the Crown dash lights. Hopefully they last a little but they give off a blueish light. I have to get the tach , speedo ,volt and oil pressure gauge lit up yet as well. Have any of you had any experience with bulbs for the above mentioned gauges that give a blueish hue instead of the stock lights?

Thanks in advance 😊

City
Halifax
State
UK
The blueish light is correct, you will find everything else is blueish too even though the lamps are standard white.
One thing i would suggest is you buy LEDs for the rest whilst you are doing this. They are brighter, more vibration proof and give off far less heat.
There are threads on this possibly even with part numbers for them if you do a search, its a cheap upgrade especially if you use the Jeep at night!.

I asked near enough the same question when i started my blue cj8s build as i thought they must of been blue to match the Montana blue paint but appears they are blue whether you have green,red or tartan paint! :o

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Thanks Dave I appreciate it. I'll have to do a search and look for LED's. Appreciate the input. 👍