Dash plaque quiz?

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
I found only ONE known to exist 1/25: NOS prototype special package dash nameplate; historian & answer to hardest "Jeep CJ Trivia" !

:cheers::woohoo::woot: :usflag:

This special package CJ nameplate is so rare that there never was a part number assigned.
I've got to take it to jeweler to determine metallurgy.

I've had it for years and have only sent pics to very select enthusists.

After that I feel that it is my responsibility as a self proclaimed Jeep historian (not bragging if can prove) to the "rightful" owner.

DR

Last edited:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I found only ONE known to exist 1/25: NOS prototype special package dash nameplate; historian & answer to hardest "Jeep CJ Trivia" !

So now who's got guess and knows rightful owner?
I'm so confused on who's proper Jeep person nowadays :SOA: that I dunno :shrug:

So many Punks, backstabbers, liars, email & text changer's and deception going on that I may just dig a hole and bury. :wave:

DR
Not sure what's going on here, this doesn't read anything like your posts, but it certainly doesn't have anything to do with factory photos. You have a PM.

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
stafford
State
va
I was thinking the same thing !!
Thought about sending you a PM
sounds like your on it !!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ

This special package CJ nameplate is so rare that there never was a part number assigned.
I've got to take it to jeweler to determine metallurgy.

I've had it for years and have only sent pics to very select enthusists.

After that I feel that it is my responsibility as a self proclaimed Jeep historian (not bragging if can prove) to the "rightful" owner.

DR
Your edited post is not much more clear as to what you are asking for - still filled with cryptic speak, we dont know what the trivia game is, what we win, or what the heck you are really talking about. However, with your edit you gave away a nice clue ;)

U must be talking about a silver anniversary glove box door badge for the 25th Anniversary 1979 CJ-5, as that is the only thing you would need to (jokingly) take to a jeweler (clue), and also be a special package "CJ Nameplate." and.... the 1/25 thing you are talking about is the legend of the first run of "prototype" badges being different than what was ultimately decided on and included on the glove box door of every factory Silver Anniverary CJ-5 package (and assigned a part number for replacement)

So there ya go everyone, I dont think I won anything, dont claim to be a "rightful owner" or do I know what "historian & answer" means either. :confused:

Last edited:

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Moved posts from the "Factory Photos" thread as this is not related to factory photos.

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
My friend may still have his 25th anniversary CJ-5 with the name plate if that's what you're talking about.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
My jamboree has a special nameplate on the dash. I bet there's no part number since each special name plate had a different commemorative number. Unless they had 2500 different part numbers for each different numerical special name plate.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
So how many different Jeeps had some type of dash plaque?

'79 CJ "Silver Anniversary"
'82 CJ Jamboree (numbered plaque)
'86 CJ "Last of a Great Breed"
'91 Grand Wagoneer "Final Edition"

Any others?

Last edited:

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
My jamboree has a special nameplate on the dash. I bet there's no part number since each special name plate had a different commemorative number. Unless they had 2500 different part numbers for each different numerical special name plate.
From what I can tell, there are lots of # (numbered) NOS Jamboree nameplates floating around.
I haven't looked nor found documentation yet.
I'll put that on my list, should be relatively easy trivia.

DR

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
From what I can tell, there are lots of # (numbered) NOS Jamboree nameplates floating around.
I haven't looked nor found documentation yet.
I'll put that on my list, should be relatively easy trivia.

DR
Looked at dash part numbers and surprised to find a call out for a "30th anniversary badge:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363060923.524325.jpg

Guess it could go where Laredo dash badge would go ? But who ever heard of a 1984 CJ 30th anniv ???

DR, what about "historian" answer to the question that started this cool thread?? Please enlighten us with your cryptic awesomeness.

pav1

Legacy Registered User
City
Acton
State
ON
Please clarify the post....

if talking about the 25th silver anniversary badge, yes they don't have a part number, but there is one in the literature....

I just sold an NOS one to a freind who collects them.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I would like to know either FSJ or other!

Did the Tomb Raider Edition TJ have a dash plaque?

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
stafford
State
va
So how many different Jeeps had some type of dash plaque?

'79 CJ "Silver Anniversary"
'82 CJ Jamboree (numbered plaque)
'86 CJ "Last of a Great Breed"
'91 Grand Wagoneer "Final Edition"

Any others?
Where would the 86 plaque be?
This is a 86 I bought (Laredo/d44)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363121636.917127.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363121662.840512.jpg

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
It should be located right above the left side speaker grill. IIRC not all '86 CJ had the plaque. But I could be wrong.