BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Thats been on ebay for a long time.. love old aftermarket stuff.....

Sent from my SPH-L900

City
NACOGDOCHES
State
TX
Cool... I do need some more storage for some tools other than just letting them rattling around under my seat. Looking at the slider underseat tuffy box but not sure if it would work with my seat's brackets.

Anyone have one of these?

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/tuffy/underseat-security-drawer.htm

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
I wonder if the dash box will work with wing windows or a roll cage? Too bad there are no pics of one installed.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
That dash storage box is cool. Too bad it won't work with my dash/cage setup. I'll bet it would hold an AR...

Manhattan

Legacy Registered User
City
Atlanta
State
GA
I don't know... seems like a great place to drop stuff... and never see it again. I can just picture leaning forward, cheek pressed to the glass... "&$#@!!! where is that #*@#ing pen!?!?!"

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I don't know... seems like a great place to drop stuff... and never see it again. I can just picture leaning forward, cheek pressed to the glass... "&$#@!!! where is that #*@#ing pen!?!?!"
:rotfl:

Had that EXACT same thought.

Interesting idea I guess.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
When I bought my green Jeep I found all kinds of good stuff between the dash and windshield frame. Apparently the prior owner rolled his own...something (zigzags), was a shooter, and liked country music.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
When I bought my green Jeep I found all kinds of good stuff between the dash and windshield frame. Apparently the prior owner rolled his own...something (zigzags), was a shooter, and liked country music.
I found a pen, pennies and barbie shoes behind mine when i took it of. And it was one of the cupholder ones with the storage space. I found some trash and food bits in there. Yuck.

Dain

City
NACOGDOCHES
State
TX
Didn't think about that... I could see it filling up with coins, shells and all kinds of jeep bits rattling around in there (like we need more rattles). Maybe just put in a thick coat of rino liner and fill it with ice and beer.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
Maybe just put in a thick coat of rino liner and fill it with ice and beer.
A dash mounted cooler!! Now that's an idea.
I was thinking more of a way to clear space in my center console (CB, GPS, amplifier, binoculars, camera, firearms, etc...), but beer might be a better idea.

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
stafford
State
va
I used to use my center console as an ice chest
I drilled a hole through the bottom drain and silicone a vinyl tube thru the bottom of the jeep

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
A dash mounted cooler!! Now that's an idea.
I was thinking more of a way to clear space in my center console (CB, GPS, amplifier, binoculars, camera, firearms, etc...), but beer might be a better idea.
great another first... ice box dash pad for beer... why dont we just mount a mini keg in it with tube that connects a spigot coming out the dash for quick ice cold fill ups... like this :thumbsup:

tapper.jpg

City
NACOGDOCHES
State
TX
Nice... I've got a CO2 onboard air setup I need to install from my TJ so all I need is a split-er.

One of the elders I hunt with had a CJ years ago and rerouted his windshield wiper spray tube thru a hole in the dash. Said he filled the reservoir up with Jack...

great another first... ice box dash pad for beer... why dont we just mount a mini keg in it with tube that connects a spigot coming out the dash for quick ice cold fill ups... like this :thumbsup:

View attachment 37419

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
One of the elders I hunt with had a CJ years ago and rerouted his windshield wiper spray tube thru a hole in the dash. Said he filled the reservoir up with Jack...
I did that back when I was a teen...was pretty cool...even went so far as to put a drop of food coloring in the vodka to make it look like washer fluid.

We also used to aim our washers to the side so we could squirt cars beside us...:rolleyes: (Not with the vodka, however!) Ahh, being young and dumb...