Dewalt 18v cordless grinder

BurntOrange

Hook 'em Horns!
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
I was having a heckuva time getting the grill/core support front body mount bolt out today on my parts CJ-7. Finally decided to cut the head off the bolt. My compressor is a Crapbell Hausjunk so wasn't doing my air cut-off tool justice. Wasn't making much progress on cutting and remembered my new Dewalt 18v grinder. Grabbed a fresh battery and swapped the grinding disc out for a metal cutting disc and went to town. That thing has some torque! I highly recommend this tool, especially if you already have any of the other Dewalt 18v cordless stuff.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Thanks for the first hand info. I have been considering adding the grinder to my 18V collection and have nothing but praise for this unit. I guess I will be purchasing one in the very near future. I thing it will be great for trail repairs.

BurntOrange

Hook 'em Horns!
City
Oklahoma City
State
OK
You may want to check eBay for a good deal on the grinder. I found one locally someone was auctioning off that had been part of a set. I got it for dirt cheap without a battery (which I didn't need). Often people buy the large Dewalt 18v sets or get them as gifts and don't even know what a grinder is. They just want the drill/driver, saw, flashlight, etc.