Does anyone know what antenna would have been used with the stock am/fm/cb radio?

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Hi gang,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what antenna would have been used with the factory am/fm/cb radio. I'm thinking that the factory probably used the splitter to adapt the stock fm antenna thor use by the cb radio. Thoughts?

Joe.

Joe West

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Any idea where I might be able to find a picture of this stock am/fm/cb radio antenna? I'm not sure if you are indicating that the stock fm antenna was used or if there was a special am/fm/cb antenna that was used.

Thanks!

Quite simply, they used the stock am/fm/cb radio antenna.:thumbsup:

Copper Pot

Legacy Registered User
City
Denver
State
CO
tri band antenna

I noticed a picture of NOS am/fm/cb radio on ebay a while back. Notice in the bag is a card:shrug: about how to tune your "tri band antenna". I googled it.

I haven't mounted my radio for I dont have an antenna. But your question does spark my curiosity. Can the original oem or Dealer add-on be rebuilt to suit?:popcorn:

Does any one have the stock number on the antenna that came with an am/fm/cb?

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I've seen three styles of OEM radio antenna's on CJ's (at least I think they are OEM):

Standard:

Less common and I'm not 100% sure it is OEM:

More common and I'm 99% sure it is OEM:

Last edited:

Joe West

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Well done! Now to find a picture of the elusive tri band antenna. I have the am/fm/cb radio in my jeep and I love how it looks (it adds a real nostalgic look) but I've not tried to use the cb since I'm concerned about the SWR on the factory antenna.

I noticed a picture of NOS am/fm/cb radio on ebay a while back. Notice in the bag is a card:shrug: about how to tune your "tri band antenna". I googled it.

I haven't mounted my radio for I dont have an antenna. But your question does spark my curiosity. Can the original oem or Dealer add-on be rebuilt to suit?:popcorn:

Does any one have the stock number on the antenna that came with an am/fm/cb?