Door Parts

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Hey guys need your help in finding out a diragram for the inner door with names of parts. Is there any diagrams on here? I am looking for some rods that go inside the doors on both driver and passenger that run from the striker pin to the interior door handle? Do you know the name of these rods? I believe there are two in every door? I am trying to complete a off frame restoration and this is the last part I need? Thanks in advance

HEMAN:evil:

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
CHIEFWAHO,

Do you know who sells these door parts? Quadratec and 4 x4 wheel parts do not appear to sell theses part? Does anyone have these in the Houston, Texas area or order by mail?

Thanks

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Check with you local Jeep Dealership.
They might be able to track some down.

I think the YJ doors are the same also, you might try that avenue. (not 100% sure)

twmattox

Legacy Registered User
City
Arcadia
State
IN
Honestly, you can still get a decent number of parts from the dealer. Outside that, you may need to try someplace like Colins Brothers, Toy Box Jeeps, Jeep Doc...

Basically, someplace with a boneyard they can scavenge from...

okjeep

Basic User
City
Tulsa
State
OK
I have a couple of the rods in my shed from past doors and parts. I will go dig and see what I have. There are three total. One for the latch pull, one for the lock, and one (short) for the exterior door lock. You will need to source little plastic clips that go with the rods. These can be found at the dealerships.

The YJ half door units are different. YJ Full door parts work in the CJ door.

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Any luck in the garage(okjeep) with the locking rods. Seems that no one has these rods (collins bro/quadratec/4wheel parts). What the next step? And the jeeps that do have them they are not going to pull parts from the doors when they can get more for the entire door? Going to keep trying the salvage yards.:eek: