Easter Jeep Safari 2017

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Who else is going this year? My room is reserved so I guess I need to get to work.

Sent from my SM-G920V

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
I haven't missed one in 43 years...though I usually avoid the trails that week. I'm sure I'll be helping with traffic control on Big Saturday. Since 1982, I've always gone out of my way to look at Scramblers.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
I haven't missed one in 43 years...though I usually avoid the trails that week. I'm sure I'll be helping with traffic control on Big Saturday. Since 1982, I've always gone out of my way to look at Scramblers.
That's because you live down the street! [emoji41][emoji4]

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Debating it this year. Not going to do the EJS special issue this year for the magazine and I want to make the trip, but it's a lot of miles and $$$.

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Debating it this year. Not going to do the EJS special issue this year for the magazine and I want to make the trip, but it's a lot of miles and $$$.
Your welcome to crash in our spare room in Colorado Springs if you need a rest stop.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Chester
State
Ma
I wanted to d it this year, but the scram is not even close, but the 2a may be done. But thinking next year would be better. Never been and I aint getting any younger.........................

jscherb

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Elmira
State
NY
I'll be there. Probably will be driving the LJ-8 again this year (photo from last year below), although every year I debate about taking the Retro Wrangler pickup, I haven't had that to Moab in many years.

City
White Rock
State
NM
I registered today, before I found a broken steering knuckle, Im supposed to gun on a couple easy trails and will freelance the rest of the week, assuming I get the jeep fixed in time

48Bob

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Montrose
State
CO
I am signed up for trails on Friday and Big Saturday, and plan to be there the whole event. Would like to hook up with other Scrambler owners for coffee, brews, or a run or two. As April approaches how about trying to plan something?

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
I am signed up for trails on Friday and Big Saturday, and plan to be there the whole event. Would like to hook up with other Scrambler owners for coffee, brews, or a run or two. As April approaches how about trying to plan something?
I don't do coffee after 8 a.m., can't drink beer in town because of Search and Rescue duties, and I avoid the trails that week...but aside from that, it would be great if a few of us could get together someplace (City Park? Baby Lions Back?) just to show off our Scramblers, admire others, and make JK owners jealous.

Baby Lions Back might be fun. It's still pretty much "in town", has an open area at the base for parking, and makes for some decent photos.

My '03 Rubicon on Baby Lions Back about 10 years ago:

Last edited:

jscherb

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Elmira
State
NY
...it would be great if a few of us could get together someplace (City Park? Baby Lions Back?) just to show off our Scramblers, admire others, and make JK owners jealous.
Would the LJ-8 qualify as an "honorary Scrambler" for that get together? :)

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Would the LJ-8 qualify as an "honorary Scrambler" for that get together? :)
Of course! You can park off to the side. Hehe

If I would have waited a year before buying my Rubicon, I could have bought the Unlimited and would probably still have it...but then would most likely not have seen the need to buy my original Scrambler back. I lust after LJs every time I see one. Yours looks very interesting. I would have sold my '03 as soon as the Unlimited came out if I would not have already dumped about $20K into mods.

If we got together at Baby Lion's Back, those who wanted could use the gathering as a launch point for either Hell's Revenge or Fins n Things. Each of those trails is a minute or three from Baby Lion's Back. Potato Salad Hill (a spectacular and sometimes frightening zoo during Jeep Safari) is a few of minutes away too.

Last edited:

48Bob

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Montrose
State
CO
Baby Lion's Back sounds good to me. And Jeff, your LJ8 has more Jeep parts than my Scrambler probably does with it's GM drive train and Ford axles! I can meet any day except Friday or Saturday.

don87401

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
Some one set the day so I make sure I will be there on that date. I think I might join you all and bring up the Scrambler it hasn't been there sense the National in Moab.

Moabite

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Moab
State
UT
Thursday? morning? afternoon? I plan to go to the Expo at the arena that day so I'll be in town. At this point, just about any day that week works for me (except Tuesday).

48Bob

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Montrose
State
CO
Thursday morning would work for me, then we can decide whether to go on a run or to the vendor show.