Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
There. I said it. I was wrong.

In the past I have said that a Jeep to me is one you always have the top off. Therefore as cool as Postals and Overlanders are, I’d never own one.

Then @Jambo has to come along and post one for sale and I realize it’s less than 8 hours away. Heck I drove 13 hrs one way for the 82 I picked up a few years ago. I’m looking at the pics and decide it needs me. I did a 17 hr round trip drive yesterday.

Thanks again to Don for such as easy transaction.

She’ll be put on the back burner for now. I have to finish the CJ7 Renegade and an engine swap in my 83 first. Plans are to take her back to 99% of original status with tasteful mods such as suspension and tires like my 83, rear seat, etc. Biggest thing is the top stays ON.

Below is how I picked her up.

4128DDC1-7B9B-41C2-80CF-6E90059CEE6D.jpeg E1DC56DC-8477-44F7-920A-A1E335027937.jpeg 17246A41-6A7D-4F8E-877A-E4A9AB19EE4C.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Arrived in Mt Holly last night at 9:51PM. Unloaded her today and got her inside the garage. The old girl has seen the US in her life.

I also have a video I’m trying to upload

p5.jpg p6.jpg p8.jpg p9.jpg

Last edited:

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Once you have 1 you will want 2. Once you have 2 you will want 3. (A collection of ‘81, ‘82, ‘83, ‘84, and ‘85 keep running through my mind.)

I was seriously considering getting that one, but my wife did not want another project around the house (that and the long road trip required to pick it up).

Congratulations!

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Welcome to the Club! Its been almost 5 years since I got mine....flashback below to the day I was waiting anxiously in the local Lowes parking lot, the very first moment I put live eyes on it, after a very long ride from Alaska... Ah the memories. Its still here, stored inside, awaiting some attention....backburnered indeed. Congrats on the long haul and here's to the shared passion for these CJs...:headbang:

IMG_4814.JPG

AJ2393

Scrambled in the Head
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Westport
State
MA
Welcome to the Club! Its been almost 5 years since I got mine....flashback below to the day I was waiting anxiously in the local Lowes parking lot, the very first moment I put live eyes on it, after a very long ride from Alaska... Ah the memories. Its still here, stored inside, awaiting some attention....backburnered indeed. Congrats on the long haul and here's to the shared passion for these CJs...:headbang:

View attachment 72570
Awesome! It's a dream of mine to see the same view, only the Jeep would belong to me.

Jambo

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cincinnati
State
OH
There. I said it. I was wrong.

In the past I have said that a Jeep to me is one you always have the top off. Therefore as cool as Postals and Overlanders are, I’d never own one.

Then @Jambo has to come along and post one for sale and I realize it’s less than 8 hours away. Heck I drove 13 hrs one way for the 82 I picked up a few years ago. I’m looking at the pics and decide it needs me. I did a 17 hr round trip drive yesterday.

Thanks again to Don for such as easy transaction.

She’ll be put on the back burner for now. I have to finish the CJ7 Renegade and an engine swap in my 83 first. Plans are to take her back to 99% of original status with tasteful mods such as suspension and tires like my 83, rear seat, etc. Biggest thing is the top stays ON.

Below is how I picked her up.

View attachment 72502 View attachment 72503 View attachment 72505
Had to edit those photos so as not to give away the new owner and ruin your joy. ;) Give her lots of love.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Mine's a bit modified but I enjoy it so much! Welcome to a real hard top. I love seeing all these being brought back to road worthy.