eaton trutrac limited slip

Srambler83

Legacy Registered User
City
Houston
State
TX
Can anyone who is currently running a Detroit Truetrac limited slip tell me what differential fluid works best. I am currently installing the eaton Detroit truetrac limited slip with 4.56 gear on the amc 20. Thanks

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
Any regular 75w-90 gear oil should be fine. The Truetrac doesn't need any friction modifiers or anything due to the helical gear design.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Can anyone who is currently running a Detroit Truetrac limited slip tell me what differential fluid works best. I am currently installing the eaton Detroit truetrac limited slip with 4.56 gear on the amc 20. Thanks
You installing yourself? Want to do a nice write-up with pics for those of us who might have one sitting on the shelf that we haven't had time to install? :D

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
south central
State
AK
You installing yourself? Want to do a nice write-up with pics for those of us who might have one sitting on the shelf that we haven't had time to install? :D
There's nothing special about installing it. It goes in like any other carrier. Just set up your gear pattern and it's done!

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
I know, but I like pictures, and see other people do stuff before I try it!

I've put in lunchboxes, but never replaced the carrier. That's why the truetrac is still sitting in a box.

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Any regular 75w-90 gear oil should be fine. The Truetrac doesn't need any friction modifiers or anything due to the helical gear design.
That's what I use in my Tan Scrambler's front Dana 30's Tru-Trac :cheers::twocents::thumbsup:

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Thank you. I'll look at that, and I've got Stigl's front and rear diff threads bookmarked. The more info I can peruse the better!