• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

ECU question

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
On a 84 CJ7

In the other builds section I have a thread on my Renegade I’m restoring back to almost stock. I have a slight twist to the ECU deletion mod that so many of us do.

In the extreme off chance that I or a future owner would want to go back 100% stock I’d like to keep all wiring intact as well as the actual ECU installed behind the dash. However with the current carb and HEI I don’t need it to “do” anything.

Will I run into any issues simply having it all installed but not connected? Wasn’t sure if it being plugged in would cause any issues.

Thanks

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
Good to know. I appreciate it. I’d rather keep everything in place versus total removal.

With all the Jeeps I’ve done this will be the first time I’ve not tossed the original harness aside for a Painless.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
The ECU controls the computer carb and the ignition. Since you removed those items you will be fine.