• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

End support replacement question

rstickley

SOA Member
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Carencro
State
La
Has anyone replaced the rear support/tailgate mounting on their body? I've tried looking for some guidance or hints and can't seem to find anything.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 18

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I’ve been lucky, so no. But that doesn’t look like a lot of fun…might it be easier just to use parts of the new support to fix the old support? From your pic the exterior looks pretty good so I’m guessing the damage is underneath?

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
There have a been a few of these threads... just search...

One of the 8s I have done.

A 7 for reference... same concept...

cb

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
23 years ago I had a piece bent to replace the beat part on my first 1. The piece is still in my garage somewhere. I had a local steel supplier bend one from heavy gauge metal. I don't remember that part being available back then with the internet not being what it is today, it might have been. Never got farther than the piece being bent.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
The classic stuff is really nice and fits up good... I used them on all replacements I have done and never had an issue.

cb

rstickley

SOA Member
Gold Member
SOA Member
City
Carencro
State
La
I’ve been lucky, so no. But that doesn’t look like a lot of fun…might it be easier just to use parts of the new support to fix the old support? From your pic the exterior looks pretty good so I’m guessing the damage is underneath?
Yes. The majority of the support on the backside is toasted. This is not gonna be fun. Well, I guess it kinda will be or we wouldn't do this kinda stuff!