• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Engine Fuel injection Problem

Zppy

City
Navarre
State
Fl
I have an '82 8, The previous owner installed a Howell Fuel Injection. I have been driving for 8 months and now have a stuttering/Dieing issue. Pulled air cleaner off observed driver side injector sprays, passenger does not.
Thoughts.
Dave

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Howell has excellent customer service. Give them a call or email.

Dave The Sparky

Welding is not for me....
City
Halifax
State
UK
Have you checked the fuses in the little Howell fuse box wherever it is in yours?, the injectors run on separate fuses so its possible one has blown or just died for some reason..

Zppy

City
Navarre
State
Fl
Thanks, John and Dave. The fuses were good. It being the weekend I did not call, that being said retirement leaves me with plenty of time to tinker. I swapped another Pump and filter in(wrong, low PSI one), but in doing so I drained the original pump and filter over 2 hrs, and was still getting/learning the need for more PSI. I was thinking about that, and as I said retired and have plenty of time, swapped the originals back in. To my delight the Jeep runs great. Now I am ordering the correct replacement as I am sure this is just temporary. Although I think the driver side injector is still weak, but I may be wrong maybe a pressure demand thing, will still inquire with Howell on Monday.
Thanks again for Replies,
Dave