• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Engine Temp Sensor Torque Specs

JonathanJackson69

City
Boise
State
ID
I've been combing through the Technical Service Manual, but for the life of me, I cannot find the torque specs for the engine temperature sensor. I'm working on doing the Holley Sniper EFI swap and have installed the provided temperature sensor, but now I need to torque it to spec.

Can anyone either send me to the right spot in the TSM or post what the torque setting is for this sensor?

Thanks,

Jonathan

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I've always installed them "just tight enough" never used a torque wrench on a sensor in my life. :twocents: :shrug:

My bet is it will be in inch-pounds, not ft-pounds.

JonathanJackson69

City
Boise
State
ID
Since so much of the coolant system torque settings are in the 13foot/lbs, I was thinking of just doing it to that. I don't want to over torque it though. The old one was really tight, but I think that most of that was corrosion.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Just remember that a sensor is not a bolt holding parts together. It just has to be secure and not leak.