• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Epic fails

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Ware
State
MA
There has to be another explanation. No one would do this on purpose. Come on, tell me the real story.................. there has to be one.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Yikes. Good post. The link is crazy bent in the left of the photo, probably happened on the first pothole. At least this is a YJ and not risking the wreck of a Rare CJ8.

I reposted it from another Jeep forum.
I sarcastically mentioned how they didn't install extended swaybar links and the swaybar was close to the axle.
After reading some replies there.... some people don't understand leaf spring suspensions. :shrug:

X2 on the YJ.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
There has to be another explanation. No one would do this on purpose. Come on, tell me the real story.................. there has to be one.

I was thinking the same thing. Couldn't find it by a Google image search.
Someone might have done it as a joke, but way too much effort and wasted time.
Also, if just a poser shot, why is the sway bar link bent?

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN

Come on guys. It's very simple when you think about it. When he installed the spacers on top of the spring pack, the tires were up into the fenders and he couldn't move the Jeep. By placing them UNDER the spring pack he was able to move the vehicle as long as he didnt turn the steering wheel and the added bonus was he picked up 4" of lift when he made the swap. :rotfl: :wave:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
This is a fail for the amount of time it took someone to do this and for what reason I can't figure out , but not quite a fail for his fabrication skills and custom bends vs flat plate.
09490d8b680f6878f19d3dbaa06a39d5-1.jpg

CJ7Pilot

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Looks like it's drilled to mount a fishing boat seat, or something.... :shrug:

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
This is a fail for the amount of time it took someone to do this and for what reason I can't figure out , but not quite a fail for his fabrication skills and custom bends vs flat plate.
09490d8b680f6878f19d3dbaa06a39d5-1.jpg

I'm going with he wanted to add weight to keep the seat from rattling when driving with no passenger in it.

cw05

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Augusta
State
GA
Or the pesky CJ seat frame failed on the bottom instead of the more common back...this was to support the bottom from collapsing under him

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I think its armor plating for drive over land mines

sent from my flaming samsung note7

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Not submerged but went thru a flooded wash that was deeper than normal.

Sent from my SM-G920V

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Not submerged but went thru a flooded wash that was deeper than normal.

Sent from my SM-G920V

Reminds me of the time one of our D/E's at the FD submerged the air intake that was behind the bumper.
I guess between the loss of air and the extra strength of the diesel internal parts the damage wasn't as severe.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
Lifetime Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
09490d8b680f6878f19d3dbaa06a39d5.jpg

I'm thinking auxiliary outboard motor bracket

Cmath

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
Woodstock
State
Ga
That is easy. Usually the most simple answer is it. Machine gun mount for sure.