• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

EV Conversion

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I just came across this site this morning. I requested more information out of my burning curiosity, but has anyone seen this or investigated this setup?

https://erevon.com/
Pretty weak web design...but what matters is the product they produce.

jc_chandler

City
Denver
State
CO
I reached out to them a couple of times about this time last year and never heard back, not sure it's actually a company anymore (if ever). I've been talking to the guys at https://electricgt.com/ about their setups. One of the guys has a Scrambler and they are looking at a solution for the CJs based on scanning that Scrambler and what they've been doing for FJs. Not cheap but their aim is to be plug and play.

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
This is cool, would do with right specs and price

TXJEEP

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Copper Canyon
State
TX
Almost a week later with no response to my request for more information. Oh well. It might be early in the EV lifecycle for good options. Electric GT is interesting but $60k+ is out of the spectrum in my view. What GM is doing with a common platform for any vehicle is potentially the future. Order a package of 4 wheel drive with 3 motors on any wheelbase you want and then body the chassis from there. Electric platforms might take us back to the days of coach builders custom making cars on common chassis engine combinations. It will be fun to watch and I expect to see some very awesome Scramblers on the trails in the future.

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Hey guys, check this out! I don't think this is a production offering yet, but they appear to be converting a 1965 Mustang to EV using a Tesla motor. Pretty cool as this has photos of the conversion.
https://revoltsystems.com/follow

That is a pretty good sized motor!!!!

Attachments

• 05.jpeg
    05.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 15

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I saw a post on FB for an EV West kit thats intent was to mount in place of a small block chevy. It had a regular flange/2WD style output. It would be really easy to mount that up to a divorced 205. I would love a motor on axle setup (or the thought of it) as the weight would be low. There would also be more room to mount batteries between the frame rails. “Frunk” storage in a CJ would be pretty cool too.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
But who hears a golf cart drive by and thinks "man that sounds cool"? I would miss the sound of my 351W, mild cam and 2.5" exhaust as it burbles away at idle and then snaps into life as I snick through the gears. Oh man, be still my soul.

Likewise the tickety-tic purr of my duramax makes my heart go pity pat.

But an electric motor hooked up to an auto gear box? Yawn.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
Somehow you should be able to rig a base card to slap on the spokes as you go down the road.....right😅

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I don’t disagree with that. I’ll always love the engine/exhaust notes from v8s and diesels. Coincidentally I have a duramax as my tow pig.

The thought of silently crawling around on trails is appealing. I’m sure most of that silence would be drowned out by suspension and body creaks and groans.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I don’t disagree with that. I’ll always love the engine/exhaust notes from v8s and diesels. Coincidentally I have a duramax as my tow pig.

The thought of silently crawling around on trails is appealing. I’m sure most of that silence would be drowned out by suspension and body creaks and groans.
I’ve thought of my next build being a Jeepster, and an EV would be awesome! But adding 4wd might not be as simple as it seems, and in my case I’m still torn between a Jeepster and a Waggy. Now, a 2wd long travel sand car or maybe that VW thing that was posted up a few days ago…

ag4ever

Average Nut
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
But who hears a golf cart drive by and thinks "man that sounds cool"? I would miss the sound of my 351W, mild cam and 2.5" exhaust as it burbles away at idle and then snaps into life as I snick through the gears. Oh man, be still my soul.

Likewise the tickety-tic purr of my duramax makes my heart go pity pat.

But an electric motor hooked up to an auto gear box? Yawn.

I do!

I gave up using ICE vehicle for hunting when I tried out an electric ranger. You see 1000x more wildlife being quiet.

I have driven just yards away from deer that were busy eating corn. They are shocked when they look up and see you sitting so close on a golf cart.