• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Event Schedule - 2015 National Scramble

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
2015 SCRAMBLER OWNERS ASSOCIATION
National Scramble, Event Schedule – Hawk Pride Offroad Park
(Note: You are responsible for Park entry fees; they are separate from SOA event registration fees!)
Onsite Lunch & Evening Concessions will be available at Hawk Pride Offroad Park
(All times subject to change and probably will!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wednesday – June 10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Registration-Trail Signup / Social Hour
Location: Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion, 3834 Hawk Pride Mountain Rd., Tuscumbia, AL

Thursday – June 11
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Registration-Trail Signup (Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)
8:30am-9:00 a.m. - Welcome & Drivers Meeting
Approx 9:00 a.m. - Trail Rides Leave from Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion
9:00 a.m.- ?? p.m. - Trail Rides
7:00 p.m. - Social Hour (Onsite Concessions Available) - Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion

Friday – June 12
Scenic Trip to NASA –U.S. Space & Rocket Center
Meet 7:45 a.m. at The Coldwater Inn 712 US-72 Tuscumbia, Leave 8:00 a.m. SHARP!

8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Late Registration - Trail Signup (Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Welcome & Drivers Meeting (Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)
Approx 9:00 a.m. - Trail Rides Leave Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion
9:00 a.m. - ?? p.m. Trail Rides in Park
7:00 p.m. – Dutch Dinner – Location to be announced.

Saturday – June 13
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Drivers Meeting (Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)
8:30 a.m. - Group Photo
Approx 9:30 a.m. - Trail Rides Leave From Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion
9:30 a.m. - ?? p.m. Trail Rides (Scenic Sipsey run)
7:00 p.m. - Evening social, featuring SOA Dinner, Raffle and Awards (Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)

Rev 1

See attached for printable version.

Attachments

• 2015 National Schedule Rev 1.pdf
    189.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Is there a snack shop at the park where we can pick up hot dogs or sandwiches? Or do we need to bring lunch for every day?

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
Is there still a scenic trip on Saturday to Sipsey Wilderness?

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Is there a snack shop at the park where we can pick up hot dogs or sandwiches? Or do we need to bring lunch for every day?

Working on that now and waiting to hear back from the park owner and perhaps another option.
Will follow up with an answer once we get one.

He does have a concession stand out there but for some reason, I think he may have closed it for some reason. Hopefully not.
We'll let you know when we know.

homerscj8

Basic User
SOA Member
City
Hartselle
State
al
Plan to bring snacks. And food each day. I will check with park manager to see if they can provide concessions. I believe they typically have a service on Saturdays...

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Is there still a scenic trip on Saturday to Sipsey Wilderness?

Yep, still on.
I plan to head to Sipsey this Sunday afternoon for some scouting to plan out our stops and objectives.
I'd like to find some very close to the road waterfalls and a good picnic lunch spot, maybe at Brushy Creek, Lake.

I'll be leading this one.

homerscj8

Basic User
SOA Member
City
Hartselle
State
al
Links for NASA Space Center

Here are info links to the NASA rocket center

http://rocketcenter.com/

http://www.spacecampstore.com/Movies/

2015 SCRAMBLER OWNERS ASSOCIATION
National Scramble, Event Schedule – Hawk Pride Offroad Park
(Note: You are responsible for Park entry fees; they are separate from SOA event registration fees!)

(All times subject to change and probably will!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wednesday – June 10
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Registration-Trail Signup / Social Hour
Location: Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion, 3834 Hawk Pride Mountain Rd., Tuscumbia, AL

Thursday – June 11
7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Registration-Trail Signup (Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)
8:30am-9:00 a.m. - Welcome & Drivers Meeting
Approx 9:00 a.m. - Trail Rides Leave from Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion
9:00 a.m.- ?? p.m. - Trail Rides
7:00 p.m. - Dutch Pizza Dinner/ Social Hour - Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion

Friday – June 12
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Late Registration - Trail Signup (Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)
8:30 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. - Welcome & Drivers Meeting (Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)
Approx 9:00 a.m. - Trail Rides Leave Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion
9:00 a.m. - ?? p.m. Trail Rides in Park– (Scenic Trip to NASA –U.S. Space & Rocket Center)
7:00 p.m. – Dutch Dinner – Rattlesnake Saloon - 1292 Mt Mills Rd, Tuscumbia, AL

Saturday – June 13
8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. - Drivers Meeting (Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)
8:30 a.m. - Group Photo
Approx 9:30 a.m. - Trail Rides Leave From Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion
9:30 a.m. - ?? p.m. Trail Rides

7:00 p.m. - Evening social, featuring SOA Dinner, Raffle and Awards
(Hawk Pride Offroad Park, Pavilion)

See attached for printable version.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
How has the weather been there? We have been loading them 2 by 2 onto the ark here......

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
Yep, still on.
I plan to head to Sipsey this Sunday afternoon for some scouting to plan out our stops and objectives.
I'd like to find some very close to the road waterfalls and a good picnic lunch spot, maybe at Brushy Creek, Lake.

I'll be leading this one.

Awesome Jake. My wife and kiddos will be coming up Friday evening and I plan to take them on the Sipsey ride Saturday. I'm really looking forward to this, my first National!!

Chipster1990

Back in the game!!
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Birmingham
State
AL
Jake,

Are we able to get the maps and the app now?

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Awesome Jake. My wife and kiddos will be coming up Friday evening and I plan to take them on the Sipsey ride Saturday. I'm really looking forward to this, my first National!!

We've decided to stick with Saturday for Sipsey. It was rather crowded during my scouting ride last weekend but it was Memorial Day weekend and after talking some more with a friend of mine who practically lives out there, he said that it was unusual to see that many folks out there and that we should be fine for our June 13th Saturday excursion out there.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Jake,

Are we able to get the maps and the app now?

We'll get the latest Hawk Pride map loaded to our server soon and let you know once available.
You'll have time to get it downloaded prior to heading out.

We'll also be working on a freebie "guide map" for those of you going on the Sipsey/Bankhead excursion illustrating critical turns, stops, etc. We'll let you know when it's available as well.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
How has the weather been there? We have been loading them 2 by 2 onto the ark here......

It's been a pretty wet spring around here. The park saw a LOT of rain this spring so the trails could be a little more interesting.
We'll be working with the park owner over the next week and 1/2 encouraging him to run a dozer down some of the main access trails/roads that need attention. This primarily for the scenic guys. You moderate and extreme guys - good luck. ;)

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Mostly curious if I "needed" a top and doors for the Jeep. I prefer not to have to bring it; I'd rather just be cruising with a bikini top. We should have a forecast showing up soon and getting better...... :)

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
Forecasting in the Southeastern United States this time of year is difficult beyond about 24 hours typically.
We're getting into the season of just convective, summertime afternoon pop-up showers. They're hard to predict.
Occasionally, you'll see some fronts shift around and those can generate an increased chance of precip but if those occur, you'll know about them at least 48 hours in advance.
So, here's what I'd recommend:
Read this blog (based out of Birmingham - an hour and 1/2 or so SE of the park) before you leave and make your call based on that.
James Spann, the main meteorologist there is very good at what he does. I trust him.
He's not right 100% of the time but his accuracy is better than most.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Event Schedule Revised, see original posting for updated schedule.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
We'll get the latest Hawk Pride map loaded to our server soon and let you know once available.
You'll have time to get it downloaded prior to heading out.

We'll also be working on a freebie "guide map" for those of you going on the Sipsey/Bankhead excursion illustrating critical turns, stops, etc. We'll let you know when it's available as well.

Every registrant should have received an e-mail by now on the map downloads. The e-mail was from cartotracks@gmail.com - if you haven't seen an e-mail, check your spam folder and if still M.I.A. - e-mail us at that address and we'll take care of it.