• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Excited to help our veterans and wounded warriors - 4 Wheel to Heal

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I am immensely proud and very excited to share that I have volunteered to serve as the communications director for 4 Wheel to Heal, a non-profit dedicated to serving wounded and disabled veterans from all branches of the military through off-road therapy. It is 100% volunteer driven, so 100% of all money raised goes directly to supporting warrior events, that's something I particularly love about this organization. I got to see them at work in person at the Patriot Crawl in Moab for EJS and I fell in love with their mission to help these warriors by exposing them to how great off-roading is and supportive the community can be for them as they transition back to civilian life.

I'll be running the website, social media and a number of other things for the organization.

Thrilled for the opportunity to give back to those who have sacrificed so much for our freedom and our country through the off-road community I have come to love.

https://www.4w2h.org/

LOGO-transparent.png

Shrek

Lifetime Member
City
Saint Francisville
State
LA
Are we doing this as an organization? I am behind it if we are. Being that I am retired Army.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Are we doing this as an organization? I am behind it if we are. Being that I am retired Army.

No, sorry, this is me personally but anyone is most welcome to help and volunteer or donate!

I just wanted to share my excitement with y’all.

Shrek

Lifetime Member
City
Saint Francisville
State
LA
Thanks. I am going to sign up also.

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
ghost-400x400.jpg

"Eric Walton
Communications Director

Compelling details coming soon!"

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
:rotfl: I am getting them a bio and photo tonight. I was working through some logistical stuff today.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
This is awesome. I’d like to help out as well!

Thanks folks, love the interest, there are options to sign up for information and volunteer roles on the website. Currently, with things the way they are in the world, they’re not actively doing events but they’re (I guess I should say “we’re”) always planning for the future.

I’ve got a lot of getting up to speed to do but I’ll happily report back when I have a better feel for what’s coming up.

Just to say it again, donations all go directly to the warrior events, so anything you can give to the organization is directly supporting those we help. I love that part about 4W2H.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I can ask one thing to help. I feel compelled to beef up my understanding of the structure of the various branches so I can better understand the service of those that 4W2H serves. Is there a good resource/article/site that I should use?

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Glad to hear it Eric. Will you be going to any of their rides? I did their ride at Rausch Creek a couple of years ago and it was a well done event. Would love to see you if you come out to any of their events on the east coast.

jpnmaine

City
East Wilton
State
ME
Talk with the group that sponsors 4w2h. To see what their core group consists of and then educate yourself. When my son was injured, the Air Force Wounded Warrior program flew and housed us while he was in the hospital. I originally thought it was a charitable org which it is not.signal-2020-11-21-104719.jpg
We are very proud of him.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Talk with the group that sponsors 4w2h. To see what their core group consists of and then educate yourself. When my son was injured, the Air Force Wounded Warrior program flew and housed us while he was in the hospital. I originally thought it was a charitable org which it is not.View attachment 89144
We are very proud of him.

I love hearing stories of our warriors and their families getting the support they need and have earned!

4W2H supports all branches of the military, so it’s as likely that it’s any of them. Hence my question.

(For the record, I won’t ever comment about any other veteran support group. All I will say is that I am very proud of the fact that 100% of every donation to 4W2H goes to the warrior support events.)

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Glad to hear it Eric. Will you be going to any of their rides? I did their ride at Rausch Creek a couple of years ago and it was a well done event. Would love to see you if you come out to any of their events on the east coast.

Haven’t gotten into this yet, after seeing them in action in person at the Patriot Crawl, I would love to be at more of them, we’ll have to see how it shakes out.

My personal goal would be to make it more common than not for there to be some sort of 4W2H warrior participation at off-road events. Basically make it the norm.

Kate and I were just discussing how we could potentially integrate something into the SOA National and Sandblast.

The great thing (as we already see here) is that so many people will simply WANT to help and work it in when they hear about the mission.