Factory tire size for wagon wheels?

CJocho

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
CHICAGO
State
Il
I need to buy new tires but don't know what size to get. Does anyone know what size tire came on Scramblers from the factory? Anyone know what style (brand/model)? I'm trying to get an OEM as possible look for my build. Thanks.

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I believe it will depend on the year and model.
Goodyear was the brand I've seen in brochures, but they are different designs based on the model (base,SR,SL)
The base size for '82 was G78-15 (P215/75R15)

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the 205/75R15 and 215/75R15 are the sizes for the base wheels and the wagon wheels got the 235/75R15. To be honest I don't think I have ever seen a base with wagon wheels. Did they put them on at the dealer?

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the 205/75R15 and 215/75R15 are the sizes for the base wheels and the wagon wheels got the 235/75R15. To be honest I don't think I have ever seen a base with wagon wheels. Did they put them on at the dealer?
You may be right:shrug:
I totally overlooked the post title. :banghead:

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
235/75/15 on wagon wheels. And you could order whatever wheels you wanted. Remember with AMC you could pretty much get whatever you wanted added to a base model Jeep.