• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Factory Whitco Halfsofttop

Trevor Davidson

City
Kitchener
State
On
I just picked up a Whitco half softtop with soft doors ,was curious if I can convert it to hard door model with some parts swapping ?
Any information would be greatly appreciated

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
No, not easily. If I remember correctly the fabric is different around the door surrounds. The hard door top wraps around some large metal door surround pieces; the soft door surround pieces are much smaller. The vertical and horizontal pieces behind/over the doors are totally different.

Trevor Davidson

City
Kitchener
State
On
Seller said it was slate Blue ,but it’s more blue grey then light blue ,
I couldn’t find black or nutmag for my copper brown metallic scrambler hope if looks ok

Trevor Davidson

City
Kitchener
State
On
Thanks for the info Jersey the only thing is my Jeep is an 83 but this top has no holes for shoulder belts so that indicates earlier model.
Now do I put holes for shoulder belts or try to find 80-81 lap belts if I can source some !!!

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
That is GOLD! I love me some Slate Blue!!!

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Besides holes, the later tops have an extra zipper on each flap on either side of back window. I installed a NOS white top on my tan Scrambler. It had the zippers, but they came without the bolt holes, so I had to cut them. Makes you clinch up a hair cutting two holes in a NOS Whitco top :D