• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

fasteners for factory long top

shadygrady76

Basic User
City
Suffolk
State
va
Hi All, Going to Palm Beach, Fla. on saturday to get my new Scrambler. Should have plenty of time to get aquainted on the drive back to Va. Anyway, this truck has, I'm guessing, a factory long top. What fasteners does it take to attach to truck. The guy said he lost all the hardware. THANKS

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Is this a hard top or a soft top?

Hi All, Going to Palm Beach, Fla. on saturday to get my new Scrambler. Should have plenty of time to get aquainted on the drive back to Va. Anyway, this truck has, I'm guessing, a factory long top. What fasteners does it take to attach to truck. The guy said he lost all the hardware. THANKS

rustycrawler

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Reston
State
VA
I don't think the Scrambler came with a factory fiberglass long hardtop, so...

If you feel like drilling holes in your new Scrambler, you can drill though the top and the side rail and then just bolt it on. You will also need a couple longer screws to put the sun visor back on or you can bring a bunch of C clamps to clamp the top on without drilling holes until you get it home and can decide what to do.

shadygrady76

Basic User
City
Suffolk
State
va
Thanks, guess I will take a couple diff. size screws and some clamps. Top was on the truck when PO bought it buy he took it off and never put it back on. I have a bag of fasteners from my scout top so maybe I'll take them too. On a scout if you can get a couple screws in the windshield you can clamp the back pretty easily. Hope the same is true on the jeep. I'm now sure what there is to clamp to in the back, is there a lip?

JEEPTHRILLS

Legacy Registered User
City
State
I would stop by the truck accessory shop...see if you can get a few clamps (4-8) like the ones they use to hold the camper caps on pickups. Also a half dozen 1/4 x 1/2 sheet metal screws for the leading edge.

If you cant get the clamps, and this top was originally on the truck, it may have already been drilled. I would also bring 10-12 3/8 x 2" bolts with 2 small flat washers for each, and 1 split washer for each with nuts.

If you can bring all of that...you should be set for whatever attachment method you prefer.